Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Post articles abt HOT Lanes -contact your reps!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post articles abt HOT Lanes -contact your reps!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2007 at 11:04am
Once again, NOSUV proves his grip on reality is questionable. Ending HOV3 will not force riders onto mass transit.
n/a View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2007 at 10:26am
quote:
Originally posted by NoSUV
[br]bnvus - actually, based on this topic string, it's really time for the HOV3 exemption to end. I doubt the populance with stomach slugs riding for free when everyone else IN THE WORLD is paying their fare/fair share. The only exemption that makes sense in the long run is for hybrids, so people are, as Hooch puts it, required because the sign over the lanes says "ECO friendly vehicles only".

You assume that hybrids are "ECO friendly." I'm confused; I thought hybrids ran on gasoline powered engines and mercury-filled batteries that store power generated by their gasoline engines. Hmmmm, that doesn't sound very "ECO friendly." I might agree with an "ECO friendly" exemption that included cars that use renewable and/or non-polluting fuels. Now that woud be real progress; laws that promote positive changes instead of special interests.

HOT laws (and any law, for that matter) should do the greatest good for that majority. Any law that favors special interests over the best interests of the populace is flawed! Politicians have ethical responsibilities to do what is best for the many. Hybrid exemptions and HOT lane restrictions take rights and priviledges away from the general population. This is wrong! Just because it suits you, does not mean that it is in the best interest of the majority.
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2007 at 11:23am
quote:
Originally posted by Jody
[br]Once again, NOSUV proves his grip on reality is questionable. Ending HOV3 will not force riders onto mass transit.

Jody,

My response, which was deleted 3x, detailed that you are mistaken. History has proven WITH THESE LANES that without HOV-3, mass transit use increased. Check out the history of Shirley Highway and how the express lanes were originally mass transit only, and how over 8K cars per day were removed from the regular lanes back in the early 70's.
Jody View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2007 at 1:51pm
NoSuv - I did check out the history of the HOV lanes and I'm not mistaken. Based on the type of car you drive, your advocating the removal of HOV3 is not only transparent to me, but to all of the other people on this message board.
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2007 at 2:39pm
Jody - so, you agree with me! It has been proven that the history of the I95/I395 EXPRESS (not HOV) Lanes demonstrated that, without a carpool incentive, people were willing to use mass transit instead of driving. Whew!
MDC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2007 at 7:36pm
NoSUV,
Until you're using mass transit instead of driving solo, I suggest you stop posting this crap. These people are doing much more than you to alleviate traffic. Well, compared to nothing, it's much more than much more.
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2007 at 2:14pm
MDC - At times, I do use mass transit. Do you?

And, it's not crap - it's history. I guess you feel sorry you can't rewrite it, though. Get over it.
----
And STILL waiting for scottt to put up or shut up
MDC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2007 at 2:23pm
I ride share every day, not just "At times".
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2007 at 10:33am
Wow! More censorship!!! My post to MDC disappeared...

MDC: have you confused "ride share" with mass transit?

You questioned my use of mass transit on 5/14, and then you tried to deflect the issue. As I posted in the Censorship topic, if you don't like facts, try to befuddle the issue.
MDC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2007 at 4:18pm
You are the one filled with FUD in this discussion. I said that I'm doing something to reduce congestion on a daily basis, then you reply that you ride the mass transit once in a while. Somehow that's proof that you're doing more than I? Your last post to me was just assinine, which is probably why it was deleted.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic