Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Post articles abt HOT Lanes -contact your reps!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post articles abt HOT Lanes -contact your reps!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 8:32am
I see how this works. MDC assigns himself as a moderator so he can censor what is written on the board - especially when the post shows that he has not read the string and has missed the point entirely.

Can't stand the heat?

Once again, the mid-May posts were discussions about mass transit. MDC jumped in and said (5/14) that unless I took mass transit, I had no standing. I responded that I have, and MDC then said he ride shares.

The question stands: Do you, MDC, think carpooling and mass transit are the same thing? Or will you censor this post, too?
MDC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 12:02pm
You're getting really stupid now. I said that if you're doing nothing to reduce congestion on a daily basis, which I am, then you do not have standing with your ridiculous suggestions. Such as, people who carpool must give that up and ride busses so that you can maintain your special SOV privledge. I'm sure that if we took the time to look through your 760+ postings, there would be a few that were reasoned debate. The rest are you trolling.

By the way, I am a moderator.
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 3:14pm
quote:
Originally posted by MDC
[br]
By the way, I am a moderator.

Actually - you are a censor. Big difference.
MDC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 3:28pm
Stay on topic, and you won't have any problems. Continue to spam/troll and expect that to be stopped.
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 4:02pm
quote:
Originally posted by MDC
[br]NoSUV,
Until you're using mass transit instead of driving solo, I suggest you stop posting this crap. These people are doing much more than you to alleviate traffic. Well, compared to nothing, it's much more than much more.

MDC,
Didn't you write this? Don't you say "until you are using mass transit...stop posting"? Haven't my responses been geared to that?

Why are you censoring that? Do you consider car pooling, which is what you do, to be equivalent to mass transit, which is what Jody and I were discussing?
MDC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 9:16pm
Why would you leave out the "instead of driving solo" portion of the quote you posted when responding? It's because if you were responding to that, you would have no point.

More trolling?

I wouldn't be surprised if I've taken far more mass transit than you. I just am not doing it on a regular basis (nor are you), and am not pretending to claim it as significant.
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2007 at 10:54am
Ok, haven't been here in awhile. Some changes I see.

I can unequivocally state that IF there is censorship by the newly designated moderators, then this site has taken a distinctive turn for the worse.

The moderators' sole duty as I understand their new express permissions are to reduce the spam. Those engaged in dialogue, no matter the quality or lack of quality of that dialogue, should be permitted to have their posts remain.

If there are moderators doing otherwise, then those moderators should be moderated if not removed from their new duties.

((I fully expect this post could disappear as it may ruffle some mods' feathers, but that is one certain way to get folks to leave the site to who? I guess to only the mods since those "without the power" to mod will eventually leave the site...THEN what purpose will the site serve?))

not-so-respectfully-submitted (note: this is one of my more livid posts if you care to go back and read the others in contrast) Absolute power corrupts.....absolutely!

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
MDC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2007 at 12:02pm
Spam is spam. Does it really matter who posts it?

For what it's worth. No serious content has been deleted, just a personal attack. Even the "Censorship" thread is still here.

Don't go overboard with your assumptions.
go2grl View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote go2grl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2007 at 12:59pm
I agree with N or S. When I was asked to moderate, it was to get rid of the influx of spam posts that were clogging up the board, nothing more. I think you, MDC, should leave any other posts alone and stick to the original purpose. If you can't ignore NoSUV, then take it up with David and let him decide what to do.
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2007 at 1:06pm
No assumptions. Definitely not overboard.

Just giving a new look at a new approach.

MDC, you know how long I've been here as I do you. You know whether I'm a "reasonable" person or not.

I'm giving you perspective, not assumptions.

Without attacking anyone in particular, moderators need to go to the fullest extent of offering the benefit of the doubt and not offend in the execution of their duties.

Won't take many responses/actions by an errant moderator to have folks flee this site and potentially go offer an alternative without the arrogance.

The owner of this site may want to consider what is expected of the new moderators and reemphasize that. Those who can't/don't live up to the expectations should be removed from those duties.

Thank you G2G.

NoSUV is disappointing on many levels, but he's not a moderator wielding any power at all here.

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic