Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Role of the moderators

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Role of the moderators
    Posted: 17 Jan 2008 at 7:21am
Out of curiousity - are there specific areas of responsibility for each of the moderators?

For example - Does Sludge monitor the General slugging topics, Bob the afternoon slug lines, GetMeHomePweeze the morning slug lines, etc...? Or, do they take turns on a daily basis monitoring the entire site? or is it more informal, i.e., they all monitor all of the topics?

Reason I ask is that I note that sometimes they'll post responses and leave spam (like this AM when Sludge posted a reply at 5:50ish in the general topics, but left spam from last night in other areas).

Not a criticism, just an observation.
scottt View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2008 at 8:26am
Any why was the whole site locked up because one moderator wouldn't be available until Thursday?
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2008 at 8:45am
To be honest, I really havent been active in the boards lately, so I cannot take credit for any cleanup that has been done. On the other hand do not agree with the choice to lock the boards because there would not be sufficient monitoring, though I am not aware of how bad the spam situation is.

Slug'n till 2010 (when the HOT lanes roll in)
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2008 at 9:20am
DC2RV,
I only delete the spam ads for such things as online pharmacies, cell phone parts, investment offers, etc. from any topic area whenever I see them and have the time. Never anyone's opinions, complaints, recommendations, or slugging information posts.
Earlier this morning, I didn't have time to delete the spam (I had to get on the road to work.) [:)]
I think almost all the other moderators do the same. I've never met them or discussed moderator responsibilities with them. They do their own thing in their own way.
By the way, I never asked anyone to be a moderator. I opened this website one day and saw that I was listed as one.
WOW! What a responsibility! [;)]
DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2008 at 11:53am
So who decides to lock the forums for 3 days?

I note that 2 comments were posted since last Friday (both by moderators), yet all forums were locked from Friday AM to this AM.
Bob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2008 at 1:20pm
I decide because I am the one who spends the most time keeping the junk off this site. Anyone wanting to volunteer at least an hour a week is welcome to step up. Otherwise, weekends are closed. Blame the troll.
go2grl View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote go2grl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2008 at 2:08pm
quote:
Originally posted by sluDgE
[br]DC2RV,
I only delete the spam ads for such things as online pharmacies, cell phone parts, investment offers, etc. from any topic area whenever I see them and have the time. Never anyone's opinions, complaints, recommendations, or slugging information posts.

Same here and I only spend about 30 minutes or so a week doing that.
AveMaria View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AveMaria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2008 at 9:17am
"The Decider"[:D] has spoken.
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2008 at 9:48am
quote:
Originally posted by Bob
[br]I decide because I am the one who spends the most time keeping the junk off this site. Anyone wanting to volunteer at least an hour a week is welcome to step up. Otherwise, weekends are closed. Blame the troll.

Bob intends to HALT any possible discussion on ANY topic unless HE agrees with the person posting. Note that he's deleted all topics criticizing his work.
AveMaria View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AveMaria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2008 at 11:14am
I see that "The Decider" has used his veto authority and deleted a post from NoSUV which HE felt was (irrevelent) SPAM.

Not kewl.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic