Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's a free ride, dont be greedy!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Sym View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sym Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2008 at 9:32am
To respond to the first. I dont have a problem accomodating a passenger, but COURTESY will prevail at telling someone BEFORE you agree on the destination and NOT a block or two away.

I dont mind waiting for a rider who is going to my destination. In fact, When you tell someone where you are going and agree, get in the car, and change it at the last possible moment, THAT RUDE AND WRONG!

What happen to the slug rules...does anyone follow them??
CallmeMrSlug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CallmeMrSlug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2008 at 8:30am
Sym

It is common for passengers to accept rides that involve getting out before the final destination. If you only want riders going to 18th and I, it might be safer for you to say, 2 to 18 and I only. However, don't be surprised if you find a longer wait for passengers going only to your specific destination. Most drivers do not mind stopping earlier and usually when drivers are crossing the bridge into DC, they ask, where do you want to be let off so they can plan the drive with respect to when they want to get into a right lane. Since the university is near G street it is not uncommon for many 18th street riders to want to get out at G.
puglover View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puglover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2008 at 8:20am
Would it have delayed you that much to stop before getting to I Street? I work near 11th & F Streets, but sometimes will go all the way to K Street if the slug line is really long. This morning I had a gentleman who was going to L Street, but said that he didn't mind walking from G. I took him all the way to K.

I have no problem with stopping anywhere in between to accommodate my riders (as long as it can be done safely). My riders will ask when getting in the car if I can stop at a certain location, and I always say yes. I am thankful to have riders so that I can use the HOV lanes. Maybe you should be thankful, too, considering the alternative.
Sym View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sym Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2008 at 8:04am
From what I understand of the "Slug Rules", when a driver (me) pulls up to a line and says the destination...and the Slugger agrees and gets in your car.

For past week I have been picking up in Riders for 18/I and a block or two before the destination, Mind you, for the 22 mile commute from Horner prior nothing, was said. Then a block away they ask to be let out early.

This morning I had an Asian woman in my car who had the nerve to argue with me as to why she did not feel that she should have told me her destination. She even went as far to tell me that "its on the way, why does it matter."

I told her it was a free ride and with the long lines, Im sure someone else would have needed to go to I street!

DOES THIS SEEM EXTREMELY GREEDY!!! to rob antoher rider who is going to the drivers destination
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic