Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Summertime A/C

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whatever_k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2008 at 8:02am
This is another tick mark for me of just how ungrateful slugs are becoming. I drive all the time i have never been a slug. Sometimes I just want to ride with the windows down no matter the temperature outside. I've been cooped up in the office the entire day and I just want some fresh air. So as a slug you can't be a bit uncomfortable for 20-25 minutes? That just seems so ridiculas to me. I listen to you snore, I let you make the phone call to say honey I'm almost home, I listen to you shuffle paper, I smell the cigerette you just smoked etc, etc. AND I have to turn the air on so YOU can be comfortable. I'm moving in a few weeks back to MD thank god. I can sit in traffic alone and don't have to look, smell, or listen to you cry babies.
sLugLiFe View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sLugLiFe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2008 at 8:17am
So then why do you bother picking up? Just sit in traffic now.[:(]
Oxi View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2008 at 8:35am
To "Whatever K" - to me, your posting is perfectly matching your screen name - "Whatever K." The Whatever attitute to life is what makes sluglife ubcomfortable.
VA_Slugger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VA_Slugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2008 at 4:28pm
To Whatever k, personally it's your car! So you can roll the windows down, flip the top (if applicable), and pretty much whatever else you want to (as long as not to endanged anyone) because (say it with me...) IT'S YOUR CAR! [:0]
sLugLiFe View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sLugLiFe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2008 at 9:39am
why is it so hard just to have some common courtesy? Just because its your car you have to go out of your way to make people feel uncomfortable? i think drivers are just on a power trip.
jbeiii View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbeiii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2008 at 9:41am
quote:
Originally posted by dudte

I'm not from the south but southern (and common) hospitality suggests a mutual concern for others.
And I know, when I moved here, I saw the Mason/Dixon line quite a ways north of here. Isn't that where we checked our rude? By definition?

If you want nice honest people with a mutual concern for others, you will find that in the Midwest. Southerners are hospitable but typically only to other southerners. If you are not from the south you will find people who appear nice but often are actually mocking you while doing so......Bless your heart.
blacksky View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacksky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2008 at 9:20pm
quote:
Originally posted by jbeiii

quote:
Originally posted by dudte

I'm not from the south but southern (and common) hospitality suggests a mutual concern for others.
And I know, when I moved here, I saw the Mason/Dixon line quite a ways north of here. Isn't that where we checked our rude? By definition?

If you want nice honest people with a mutual concern for others, you will find that in the Midwest. Southerners are hospitable but typically only to other southerners. If you are not from the south you will find people who appear nice but often are actually mocking you while doing so......Bless your heart.

You can say anything you want about someone, as long as you preface it with, "God bless 'em..."

[:)]
whatever_k View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whatever_k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2008 at 8:39am
Believe me guys I am not trying to make anyone uncomfortable. I pride myself on trying to ensure everyone is comfortable. I keep my car clean I turn to a radio station that is neutral either wtop or smooth jazz. I adjust the air based on what others in the car would like. I ask before adjusting the temperature up or down most of the time. It just seems to me the people who are benefiting the most want even more. The ride from Potomac Mills to the Pentagon is less than 30 minutes. You can't be a little uncomfortable for a few moments? You are riding no worries of traffic, gas, or maintenance. If you want comfort then drive. That's why I drive becuase I don't want to be uncomfortable.
Moody Girl View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moody Girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2008 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by whatever_k

Believe me guys I am not trying to make anyone uncomfortable. I pride myself on trying to ensure everyone is comfortable. I keep my car clean I turn to a radio station that is neutral either wtop or smooth jazz. I adjust the air based on what others in the car would like. I ask before adjusting the temperature up or down most of the time. It just seems to me the people who are benefiting the most want even more. The ride from Potomac Mills to the Pentagon is less than 30 minutes. You can't be a little uncomfortable for a few moments? You are riding no worries of traffic, gas, or maintenance. If you want comfort then drive. That's why I drive becuase I don't want to be uncomfortable.

Whatever_k,

As a slug, I feel most of us appreciate the effort made on behalf of drivers to get us to and from work safely each day and even more so with the rising cost of fuel (I certainly do). However, I do not think this gives you a right to belittle us or treat us like a piece of gum on the bottom of your shoe.

Each slug chooses to do this every day for very different reasons and for some, it may not be a choice as much as a necessity.

To specifically address your comments....

All that has been ASKED of you is that you please make the slugs aware that you will not be using your air and give them the choice of taking the ride or passing it on to the next slug.

Your commute may be 30 minutes but for those of us going to points further South, depending on traffic, it can take 1-2 hours and when you are sitting in the HOV lanes at the merge there is no wind blowing or fresh air to speak of.

I am very respectful of the folks that drive and get very annoyed when I see fellow slugs that do not follow the rules of slugging and just lack common courtesy.

What seems to be forgotten in a lot of these posts is the simple fact that this system requires both drivers AND slugs to work. Therefore, I do not think it is unreasonable for me to ask for a little respect in return.

To all of the drivers out there - Thank You, Thank You, Thank You [:)]

To my fellow slugs - Stay cool out there [8D] and always thank your drivers.
toomuchcoffeelady View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toomuchcoffeelady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2008 at 12:14pm
quote:
Originally posted by sLugLiFe

i think drivers are just on a power trip.

Oh you're right, Sluglife. As a driver, I totally get off on paying $4/gallon for gas, while opening up my car for total strangers who scream at me, insult my ethnic background, blame me for bad traffic, and get pissy when I won't change the drop off point at the last second. And, this has been all in two weeks of driving. Do I get tarred and feathered next?

Who doesn't relish that "power"? And, if all drivers suck so much, why do you keep getting in their cars? Because you're getting a free ride. Yeah, drivers benefit, but not as much as the slugs do.

work in Chinatown, live on Rte 3. Looking for 17 to L'Enfant ride.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic