Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Boycott Potomac Mills Mall

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 18>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Batl Cri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2008 at 12:32pm
I too sent a complaint to 7 On Your Side. Maybe if enough of us do that, we can get some much needed press.

If shame works on the Mills Managers, I'll take it.
Batl Cri View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Batl Cri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2008 at 12:38pm
I just signed the petition. I was number 8. EIGHT?! Come on Slugs!
Wayne View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2008 at 1:31pm
As an employee in a store at Potomac Mills as well as a regular shopper at the mall, I am disgusted by the self-serving and whining concerning the enforcement of the commuter parking spaces at Potomac Mills.

They only have to “Contractually” give 275 spaces for commuters to use, yet Mall Management allows 950 spaces to be used. The mall has a contractual obligation to its tenants to have a number of spots available for shoppers. After all, shoppers spend money at the mall where as commuters do not on a daily basis. You drive there, park and then leave your car there for 8 to 10 hrs a day, free of charge, and they are secure due to mall security watching over the entire property.

If you are so upset that the entire parking lot isn’t set aside for commuters, then go talk to mall management and ask and see if they will allow you to pay to have a parking spot. I’m sure they would; after all, the mall’s primary purpose is to make money, not help you save a little on gas cost and be a convenience for you, though by them giving freely an additional 675 spots is more than generous in my opinion.

I’m sure your place of employment wouldn’t allow me to come in and, say, use your restroom facilities, or your break room because I’m tiered and need to sit down for a moment and take a rest, especially if I was going to be there 8 to 10 hrs. Now would they?

Think about it from the mall’s point of view as opposed to only thinking about your own selfish needs and wants.

I personally think the mall should only allow the 275 spots it has a contract/proffer with the county to provide and no more. Or they should charge a reasonable fee, say $1 per day, to park and then they can have 1300 commuters parking a day and would make something off of people like you who want to whine and cry because you can’t have it your way. And legally, the mall can go back to only having 275 spots and there’s nothing you can do, it’s a legal and binding proffer with the county. Would you care to see that happen?

The mall has no legal, moral or ethical obligation to make your life easier because your too cheap to drive a reasonable vehicle (I’ve seen many SUV’s in the lot) or to suck it up and drive to work and pay the cost of fuel. If your main argument is the cost of fuel and food, then elect those who will do something about it and not be salves to the Oil industry. Perhaps you should contact the county government and demand they build several leveled parking garages for commuters to use.

aesthetic View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aesthetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2008 at 2:37pm
Wayne, while I can understand that you would want to defend the place that you work, you also have no idea what it is like, nor do you understand the slug system and how beneficial it really is. The fact of the matter is, you could not walk up to our jobs and use the bathroom because we all work in offices and professional, private buildings. Potomac Mills is a mall, a public domain for any and everyone to come. And how do you know who does and does not shop there everyday? As far as our money going into that mall is concerned, many of us DO spend a significant amount of money there on a very regular basis, and some of us even run in to do a little shopping when we get dropped off after slugging from work. And since when is people working together to help each other a bad thing?? And since when is helping the environment or saving money a bad thing?

I appreciate you being on the defensive, but look at the big picture and how this benefits everyone. Potomac Mills is not in need of parking spaces... we all know how empty it is during the work day.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/MillsSlugSpaces/
Late rider View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Late rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2008 at 2:50pm
quote:
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/MillsSlugSpaces/

Thanks for the petition. Already passed it around.
toomuchcoffeelady View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toomuchcoffeelady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2008 at 3:39pm
quote:
Originally posted by ceejay2

You have GOT to be kidding me. A private corporation has donated 950 parking slots for commuter use 5 days a week, 52 weeks a year, and you are complaining that they aren't contributing enough when they enforce the rules laid down for use of those parking spaces?

Let's see just how long it takes for those 950 spaces to go to ZERO spaces.

Seriously. How entitled can you riders get?! Although I'm glad to see that it's not just the 17 lot that has the inconsiderate assholes...
beenhere2long View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beenhere2long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2008 at 3:52pm
So, Wayne, if PWC is generous enough to build us a 10-story parking garage, you wouldn't mind, then, if your tax dollars helped pay for it even though you wouldn't be using it. Isn't it great how the community works together? Something that was free and didn't impact you, now will! How great is that? Maybe you can tell us where you live and we'll see if we can build it right near your house so we can all clog up your neighborhood getting to it...on public streets and all.
Late rider View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Late rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2008 at 4:21pm
quote:
Originally posted by beenhere2long

So, Wayne, if PWC is generous enough to build us a 10-story parking garage, you wouldn't mind, then, if your tax dollars helped pay for it even though you wouldn't be using it. Isn't it great how the community works together? Something that was free and didn't impact you, now will! How great is that? Maybe you can tell us where you live and we'll see if we can build it right near your house so we can all clog up your neighborhood getting to it...on public streets and all.

I'll drink to that [:D]
757slugger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 757slugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2008 at 4:23pm
Stoutlvrsbeauty, I was impressed,you let them have it. Its better than trying to explain it over the phone.
Yes I will sign the petition and if you let me I'll sign it 300x time.
I love it when people who never even came to the PM commuter lot comment on how inconsiderate we are to complain over the spaces when you have never been out there yourselves.

It's nice for Wayne not to tell us what retail establishment he works for so that we can just boycott that as well. When you read the other post for PM you'll see that we hope that your job remains secure @ PM and hopefully they you do not transfer you out of the PWC area to another store location so that you can fight traffic and pick up slugs for the HOV-3 so you can see how it feels to commute.

I am suprised COSTCO was complaining, I was not aware people parked way over there.

toomuchcoffeelady: I read the comment on the other post. That was not lady like [:X].
Stoutlvrsbeauty View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoutlvrsbeauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2008 at 4:26pm
hey Wayne, how do you get to work? Tell us all about your commute, please.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 18>
  Share Topic