Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Boycott Potomac Mills Mall

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 18>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 757slugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2008 at 10:46am
Please sign the petition so that action can be taken. Does anyone know if its illegal to put fliers on people cars out there?
757slugger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 757slugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2008 at 10:54am
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/MillsSlugSpaces/
Stoutlvrsbeauty View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoutlvrsbeauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2008 at 10:55am
I'm not sure if it's illegal. If it is, there are A LOT criminals out there judging from all the crap I accumulate under my wipers! I know I have been mentioning the petition to all the slugs/drivers I've ridden with over the last couple days. Like Batl Cri, I forwarded to my family to sign. The petition doesn't say you have to park at PM to sign it - you just need to be smart.
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoutlvrsbeauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2008 at 11:08am
Just checked the petition roster. Only 20 signatures. So sad. [:(] We need to get the word out. 757Slugger suggested fliers, but also, email the link to people, talk about it in the slug cars, send it to co-workers. Right now, the only people signing are the ones who happen to see the message board - that's not many.
757slugger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 757slugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2008 at 11:30am
I put the petition link under another commuter site. So I hope this helps as well

http://www.commuterpage.com/slug.htm
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoutlvrsbeauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2008 at 11:34am
Is there a place to post something on the PRTC site? They should be annoyed as well since their ridership must have significantly waned this week. Does anyone know if they've chimed in on this issue?
aesthetic View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aesthetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2008 at 12:21pm
quote:
Originally posted by Stoutlvrsbeauty

Is there a place to post something on the PRTC site? They should be annoyed as well since their ridership must have significantly waned this week. Does anyone know if they've chimed in on this issue?

I checked and did not see any obvious way to post anything on there. I doubt that they would have that feature anyway.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/MillsSlugSpaces/index.html
3-For-HOV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3-For-HOV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2008 at 1:59pm
Wow! Let's boycott these businesses at the mall and put all of workers out of a job. What a great idea! Where do I sign?[V]

Rather than using another lot and starting a slug-line from there, you would rather boycott a business (and you don't know which one so you boycott them all). I don't think the loss of your business will even put a dent in the pockets of mall management -- they would be happier to see you leave. It's like those spam emails saying, "Don't buy gas on such and such a date." Do you honestly think it will work? I applaud your efforts but I think your efforts and energy will be better utilized somewhere else.
aesthetic View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aesthetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2008 at 2:41pm
quote:
It's like those spam emails saying, "Don't buy gas on such and such a date." Do you honestly think it will work? I applaud your efforts but I think your efforts and energy will be better utilized somewhere else.

Who knows if it will work, but I DO think that the thousands of people that slug from/to, pick up from/to, ride the bus from/to, or support the commuting from/to Potomac Mills WOULD put a dent in Potomac Mills' pockets if we all were to boycott. Yes I do.

Bottom line... there are plenty of spaces. They don't need to be so hoarding. It is ridiculous. When that mall is full of shoppers during the work day who cannot get a parking spot, then holla at me.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/MillsSlugSpaces/
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoutlvrsbeauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2008 at 2:53pm
You're right HOV. Hey remember how silly those guys were that threw a few crates of tea into Boston Harbor? I mean, really, a few crates of tea won't make a lick of difference.

Thankfully the Colonials, Michael Collins, Nelson Mandella, and others didn't share your philosphy.

Is this on the same scale as what those folks were trying to do? Of course not. But we will NEVER make a difference doing nothing.

If you don't want to participate - don't. Let those of us who are willing to fight Fight for what we want.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 18>
  Share Topic