Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coping with the Commute

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2008 at 12:57pm
[^] Stella is BEER! [^]

According to Wikipedia:

"Stella Artois is a 5.2% ABV global lager first brewed in Leuven, Belgium in 1926 as a Christmas brew, and named Stella after the Latin for "star."[1]

Although Belgium is best known internationally for its ales, the so-called "table beers," the bottom-fermented pilsner lagers such as Stella Artois head the list for domestic consumption, making up almost 75% of Belgian beer production. Stella is promoted as an international brand by its brewer, InBev. In its home market of Belgium, however, it is marketed, priced and sold as a regular lager."
DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2008 at 1:01pm
Stella Artois - aka the "bud" of Belgium... And also a product of the company that recently bought Anheuser-Busch.
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2008 at 1:21pm
to quote a Red Stripe commercial (Jamaican beer-yum!) "Yay Beer!"

Slug'n till 2013 (when the HOT lanes roll in)
toomuchcoffeelady View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toomuchcoffeelady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2008 at 11:24am
LOL, I'm more a boxed wine gal myself...

ain't free speech a wonderful thing, until you don't like the views being stated? - Ceejay2
n/a View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2008 at 11:00am
OMG, I also bought a home for a nice price and a yard for my son, about 2 months ago and my stress level is hitting the sky!!!!! Commuting with kids sitting in traffic, when I could be productive with them!!!! Not sure what to do besides hoping VDOT hears us mom's and are able to hop on the HOV with our kids...
psueric View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote psueric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2008 at 3:43pm
can't speak for everyone,
but I commute from Manassas to Downtown 4 days a week.
(Telework every monday.) And I love my commute.
I vary my commute between slug riding, and the PRTC OMNIRIDE Bus.
It's a 15 minute drive to the commuter lot, and then a 25-45 minute relaxing ride into the city. I can read books, newspaper, or my favorite...nap.
It's my sanity check in the afternoon, after a crazy day in the office, before getting home to a family of 4.
Not sure about the F'burg area, but the PW County busses run from 5:00am until 8:00pm.
So regardless of your work hours, you should be able to find some way to "ride" to work, instead of "driving". And for me, that's the key to my sanity. If I drove to work everyday, I would be a monster by the time I got home everyday.

Hope this helps

sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2008 at 5:32pm
In case LilPeachesPam isn't aware, children do count as passengers for HOV purposes. If she has two kids in the car with her, her using the HOVs during restricted hours meets the HOV3+ rule.

We know a lady who had daycare arrangements near her workplace in Arlington and her two little ones were her regular slugs. That was a few years ago, and her kids are both school aged now. I don't think she ever had a problem using the HOV lanes with only small kids in the car back then.
psueric View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote psueric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2008 at 8:30am
sludge is absolutely correct.
For several years, I worked in dc, and slugged to BOBS, and picked up my 2 kids from daycare in springfield, and then got back into HOV at 7900, where I continued to Horner Rd.
One day, I had my two kids in the back seat, and a very angry lady was driving next to me in HOV, and she indicated her displeasure with my riding in the HOV lanes (because she couldn't see the kids in the back seat)
When I exited at Horner Rd, there were VA State Police monitoring the exit. They waved me through, and as I waited to turn Left into traffic, the Angry lady actually got out of her car, and approached the Police officer, ranting about the fact they he didn't give me a ticket. He politely explained the situation, and she crawled back into her car with her tail between her legs.

I love slugging...
toomuchcoffeelady View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toomuchcoffeelady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 3:46pm
quote:
Originally posted by psueric

sludge is absolutely correct.
For several years, I worked in dc, and slugged to BOBS, and picked up my 2 kids from daycare in springfield, and then got back into HOV at 7900, where I continued to Horner Rd.
One day, I had my two kids in the back seat, and a very angry lady was driving next to me in HOV, and she indicated her displeasure with my riding in the HOV lanes (because she couldn't see the kids in the back seat)
When I exited at Horner Rd, there were VA State Police monitoring the exit. They waved me through, and as I waited to turn Left into traffic, the Angry lady actually got out of her car, and approached the Police officer, ranting about the fact they he didn't give me a ticket. He politely explained the situation, and she crawled back into her car with her tail between her legs.

I love slugging...

LOL, that is awesome.

ain't free speech a wonderful thing, until you don't like the views being stated? - Ceejay2
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic