Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Springfield Plaza Lot Closure

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry Senfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2009 at 4:03pm
I've been violated by the closure.
Really.
Pushing cars off the freeway and getting stuck in Virginia is not fun when the traffic is flying by you.
If you are going to run out of gas at least do it by a gas station.
If I sit in gum in the backseat one more time, I'm jumping out of the van.
Are vans really the solution to an effect slugging.
What's a drive by slugging anyway?
BabblinB View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabblinB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2009 at 4:55pm
So Jerry Senfield you've been violated huh? Was it a green like 94 Taurus? I rode with this guy once who smelled horrible, like bad milk! and he insisted it was too cold to ride with the windows down. I always look out for that guy. He had an odd look in his eyes.
Peyton O. View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peyton O. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2009 at 5:02pm
The Fairfax DOT has issued a news release clarifying its previous statement. As previous posters have indicated, only 75 spots are going away. The majority will remain available to commuters. Here is a link to the news release: http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/fcdot/news/2009/09_030.htm

The county's park and ride site should be updated soon as well.

Peyton Onks
Legislative Aide
Supervisor Pat Herrity
Peyton O. View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peyton O. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2009 at 5:18pm
I've uploaded the map that was included with the release sent to Supervisor Herrity, as I couldn't find it on FCDOT's website. http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/springfield/images/parking.tif

Edit: I can't stress enough that map is not extremely detailed--it is only for *general* reference only.
jsrutstein View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsrutstein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2009 at 6:02pm
Peyton, I don't know if the fantastic attention you paid to this issue will be enough to cause your boss to win the special election, but I thank you and Joan Clark of Supervisor McKay's office. All my fellow slugs who weighed in here also deserve a hearty congratulations. Finally, thanks to FCDOT for making it official. Let's hope next week's loss of 75 spaces proves manageable. If not, I'd gladly join an effort to see if Dwoskin and/or the nearby business owners will reconsider.
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2009 at 7:11am
"Bob's" slugs,
It now looks like you will run the risk of being towed if you park in the 'orange area with the black vertical lines' shown on the map at this link from Peyton O.:

http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/springfield/images/parking.tif

Kfolkpsucan View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kfolkpsucan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2009 at 12:35pm
hello Peyton,

I second that motion - thanks for taking the initiative and responding to us on this listserv. You answered our main issues and I'm sure there will be additional questions moving forward and now know who to ask to get the answers. [8D] Good luck to your office in the elections.

thank you,

Kevin

Kfolkpsu
Jerry Senfield View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry Senfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2009 at 12:53pm
Yes I double that motion! And what kind of nut makes people ride in a car with no seats? I mean really! Isn't that slug-abuse?
BurkeBound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurkeBound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2009 at 5:52pm
We were on the channel 9 5:00 PM news! They reported our 75 space parking reduction. The news says the county is commited to finding additional parking.
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2009 at 6:59am
Bumping above the spam ad that someone posted.[8D]

And where did the 75 cars that couldn't use these removed commuter spaces go to park yesterday? Were there any problems at "Bob's" or S. Plaza yesterday morning? [?][?]
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic