Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commuter Lot Crime

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Commuter Lot Crime
    Posted: 15 Jan 2003 at 8:27am
I got this from the Potomac News this morning. I will be writing a letter to the Board of Supervisors about the increased criminal activity.

Bob

Two vehicles stolen from parkway commuter lot

A four-door dark green 1996 Honda Accord and a four-door gold 1995 Honda Accord were stolen from the Prince William Parkway commuter lot Monday, said Detective Dennis Mangan, a Prince William police spokesman.

The lot is at 2250 Prince William Parkway.

Both cars have Virginia license plates and both are valued at about $7,000. They were taken during the day, Mangan said.
Bob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2003 at 10:13am
I contacted Ms. Griggs and she got back to me today with a statement from the Prince Wm. Police.

To summarize what the police said, they actually did catch one of the people who was stealing cars at Horner Road. They apparently caught him in the act driving a stolen car. I guess we don't generally hear about this when they catch someone. He is being charged in both PW and Arlington. They also stated that we don't yet have a statistical increase in auto theft at the lots, but they are very much aware of the problem and it is a priority. Both the PW Police and the state police patrol the lots.

As for the observation tower that has been in the works for a long time, they hope to have it in 4 to 6 weeks.

Thanks to Ms. Griggs and the Prince William Police.
tlschau View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tlschau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2003 at 3:22pm
http://www.vsp.state.va.us/Forms/sp-248.pdf
jfelmore View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfelmore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2003 at 2:17pm
My 1996 Honda Accord was stolen Jan 3 at the Tackett's Mill lot. The police found it that night on Rollingbrook Dr. with the airbags missing. Another Honda was also stolen from Harbour Dr. lot that day.

The detective told me there HAS been an increase in car theft, specifically for airbags. All slugs, especially Honda and Toyota owners, need to ensure that they use a club, at a minimum, as a deterrent. I was told that thieves ignore alarm systems at a commuter lot.

The police said that Horner Rd has the most vandalism.

Slugs beware, because the thieves are out there.

Jeanne Elmore
fryed_1 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fryed_1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2005 at 12:06pm
610 is getting worse too. Few weeks ago there were a bunch of windows broken and radio/phones/purses stolen from cars. Plus I've had my lugs loosened before there.

BTW, if whoever keeps stealing my firestick antenna's is reading this (happened 4 times since start of summer @39.95/ea)... Let me catch you doing it. I have the broken stub of the last one sitting in the back of the car. You'll find the broken end crammed somewhere you won't find too comfortable while I key my microphone and apply 12volts directly to your prostate.
mikester View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2005 at 3:11pm
I think break-ins are increasing all over stafford, not just in the lots. I've been hearing about them happening at high school athletic events while everyone is distracted. The people I heard it from hadn't had a problem before. I'm glad that I see a deputy in my lot every morning watching the place.
sbouncer View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sbouncer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2005 at 6:49am
I had the lug covers taken off my Impala in the old 610 lot either yesterday or the day before so I know that it is getting worse all the time in that lot.
Subaru View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Subaru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2005 at 7:21am
Ive come back to the horner lot many times and seen cars on jackstands. I was surprised to see a prince william county had one of those telescoping stands, the ones that someone gets in the pod, and it raises up so the person can view a large area.

-Rob
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2005 at 7:32am
Realize the event that just occured this past week where lots of crimes were commited. I know of dented cars and broken taillights as a result of someone's idea of "fun" on October 31st.

Be interesting to see the crime statistics plotted out for the months of October and November to see if there is a spike in crimes overall.

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
scoobydoo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scoobydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2005 at 8:23am
What I don't get is, Why are they stealing Wipers? Is it just to piss off the drivers? When it rains we are screwed. Can't see the road. Where's the road? Don't know, someone stole our wipers!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic