Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Slugging Rules Broken Talk Radio

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Checkers View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Checkers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2009 at 9:32am
I keep earplugs handy. I find the attitude "my car, my rules" rather rude. My car, my guests -- even if one of them might be Miss HannityFan.
RetiredMarine View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RetiredMarine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2009 at 7:35am
quote:
Originally posted by fburgsluggie

Whatever happened to listening to WTOP radio? Today I rode home with a young man who listens to a talk radio station that was racially controversial. He seems not to know the rules for approved stations to listen to.

The driver picks what he or she wants to listen to. There is no list of approved or not approved radio stations. I don’t care for the Sean Hannity show either, but as a slug I will listen to what ever the drive has on.
HannityFan View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HannityFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2009 at 9:57pm
Simply put, I choose not to listen to WTOP. Instead, I choose to listen to Sean Hannity (After all this is my car). This afternoon on the Sean Hannity show there was a debate over the recent arrest of Prof Gates. This apparently made one of the rider's uncomfortable (the OP), and towards the end of the trip he confronted me (and IMO not in the most polite way), to which I replied, "I choose to listen to Sean Hannity. In the future, you can choose not to ride with me. I will not be offended by this."
fburgsluggie View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fburgsluggie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2009 at 6:07pm
Whatever happened to listening to WTOP radio? Today I rode home with a young man who listens to a talk radio station that was racially controversial. He seems not to know the rules for approved stations to listen to. He drives a blue Jetta with Tag XUP-7542. He picks up from Pentagon between the hours of 3 pm and 4 pm. The system does work. We cannot turn our heads to things that may cause the system to fail. This is my first posting after 15 years of slugging.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic