Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Slugging Rules Broken Talk Radio

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Checkers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2009 at 9:58am
Excerpt from CJ: "our slug can't hear anything. but even if they could, it's MY vehicle. i paid for it, i pay to insure it and fuel it up and maintain it. you don't like my choice of radio station? drive your own car. pissant."

Response: Good for you. Now go over to the main line where you belong -- your own bubble.
n/a View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2009 at 12:18pm
Whatever happened to the guy who used to play books-on-tape all the way home? He would start the trip home by announcing his "daily selection." He especially liked books that dramatized historic wars and battles, which I found quite nice for sleeping on the ride home!
CJ View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2009 at 7:17pm
quote:
Originally posted by Checkers

Excerpt from CJ: "our slug can't hear anything. but even if they could, it's MY vehicle. i paid for it, i pay to insure it and fuel it up and maintain it. you don't like my choice of radio station? drive your own car. pissant."

Response: Good for you. Now go over to the main line where you belong -- your own bubble.

First off ceejay2 said that not me (details matter) and second if you think that someone who is paying for the gas, maintenance etc of the vehicle in which you are getting a free ride in, should kowtow to you then YOU need to get on the freaking bus. Having been a slug, driver, and bus rider, I can say by far slugs have it best.

CJ
scottt View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2009 at 8:40am
quote:
Originally posted by GoBlue

I recall a time when I was driving to Silver Springs and so I picked up slugs. I like to listen to books, so I saved a Hemingway novel for the trip back.
Well this happened to be the one Hemingway novel that I know of in which his protagonist uses some racist rants against blacks. I had just picked up 2 passengers (both black) when I heard the first use of that particular word. I was paying more attention to my driving so I wasn't sure I heard it correctly. Then out it came again! I quickly switched to a different cd and while nothing was said, I was very embarrassed.
Now, I could have asserted the "My car, my rules" attitude, but come on, it doesn't hurt to be civil. And, I would have switched it off for any race of riders. When I pick books to hear, I consider the material. I'm not trying to please everyone, I'm just trying to consider not being offensive.

You commuted to FL every day?
ceejay2 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceejay2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2009 at 8:34pm
quote:

checkers, try reading it again. the passenger in the back seat cannot hear the radio. so it doesn't matter what we play on the radio. so deal.
Checkers View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Checkers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2009 at 9:15am
hmmmmm. Sounds like someone needs to take their football and go home.[^]
CJ View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2009 at 10:26am
quote:

hmmmmm. Sounds like someone needs to take their football and go home.[^]

You mean someone should take the car they pay the gas and maintenance for and go home right?

CJ
Checkers View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Checkers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2009 at 11:28am
Nope. What you're describing is a classic: the kid who takes HIS football and goes home because the other kids won't play by his rules. boo hoo. So there. Now no one can play. Get it now?
CJ View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2009 at 8:34pm
quote:

Nope. What you're describing is a classic: the kid who takes HIS football and goes home because the other kids won't play by his rules. boo hoo. So there. Now no one can play. Get it now?

I got your stupid remark the first time, but the salient points you missed are (1) the rules are common slugging rules not mine and (2)regardless of whether it's a football or a car, if you're using someone else's stuff, you should be respectful and appreciative and not a know-it-all jerk who thinks he/she is entitled to use either.

CJ
Checkers View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Checkers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2009 at 4:15pm
Now, Now. My stuff, my rules is your message. Since we live in these here United States of America, I accept your opinion, but at the same time I can disagree with it. Sooooo, I disagree. If you are unable to pick up slugs because the slugs disappeared, you'd end up on the main line anyway -- paying for it in more ways than one. [^]
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic