Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Slugging Rules Broken Talk Radio

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckduffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2009 at 12:17pm
quote:
Originally posted by fburgsluggie

Over the 15 plus years I have been the slugger and the sluggie. What makes this system really works is being respectful to one another. I would never listen to a station that I thought would offend another person. It does amaze me on many of the comments that the driver has the right to listen to whatever he wants. Yes it is his car and his gas, but for this system to remain successful we really must respect people of all races and background. Slugging is a benefit for us all whether you are the sluggie or the slugger.

quote:

Whatever happened to listening to WTOP radio? Today I rode home with a young man who listens to a talk radio station that was racially controversial. He seems not to know the rules for approved stations to listen to. He drives a blue Jetta with Tag XUP-7542. He picks up from Pentagon between the hours of 3 pm and 4 pm. The system does work. We cannot turn our heads to things that may cause the system to fail. This is my first posting after 15 years of slugging.

duckduffer View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckduffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2009 at 12:22pm
I have been slugging fro many years also and is amazes me the way you complain. We are guests in the person’s car. When you are a guest you appreciate what you get free. I wonder what racial remarks that were said? Are you that soft skinned? The systems works both ways, drivers and riders need to know how to act, we need each other.
There are cars I do not ride in because I know the driver or the car. Nothing personal, I just don’t want to ride with you and I am sure you are not upset that I turned down your ride.

duckduffer View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckduffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2009 at 12:36pm

quote:

Whatever happened to listening to WTOP radio? Today I rode home with a young man who listens to a talk radio station that was racially controversial. He seems not to know the rules for approved stations to listen to. He drives a blue Jetta with Tag XUP-7542. He picks up from Pentagon between the hours of 3 pm and 4 pm. The system does work. We cannot turn our heads to things that may cause the system to fail. This is my first posting after 15 years of slugging.

Next time your A/C does not work.. When you pull up say your A/C does not work and let the riders choose. There are some drivers that announce they have no A/C and someone will get in. There are alot of riders who want to get home!!
Thanks for caring though!!!

I do have to say that I am a little curious. According to SJS ( the sixth or seventh comment on this topic) who appears to be the third rider in the car that day, you were less than courteous in your desire to have the station changed. If, indeed,that's true than you were just as much a part of the problem as the driver you commented about. While it is true that it takes riders and drivers to make the system work, financially the driver is taking on the biggest burden (gas, maintenance and God forbid if there's an accident, insurance liability). For all of that, I believe that drivers should be cut some slack. After following this string for the past couple weeks, I elected NOT to pick up slugs on Tuesday because my air conditioner doesn't get cold until after you get going on the highway. Rather than worry about being blogged about on here, I took back roads home and avoided 95 (thank you TomTom GPS). Yes, it took about 20 minutes longer but I listened to my radio and sat in the air conditioning.

CJ
HannityFan View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HannityFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 2:56pm

quote:

What has been the fallout of your actions? I, who by the way tend to leave the office more often well after 6pm than 3-4pm, have recently stopped picking up riders stranded at the Pentagon after 6. Instead, I have elected to drive myself home, listening to what ever I want (typically Mark Levin), just so I don't have to deal or take a chance someone would disrespect me and/or the other riders in my car.

So in my opinion, you have broken the system.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic