Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What Happened to the Slug Rules?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msniac2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What Happened to the Slug Rules?
    Posted: 12 Nov 2009 at 8:51am
This is a bit long winded but there is a point at the end trust me. As a driver I find riders at times rude and uncouth. I have a couple of examples and this will help lend to my reasoning for printing out the slug rules and putting them in the seats for riders as they enter my vehicle.

No Eating Please - I picked up a lady on 14th and NY and she hopped into the back seat, I am guessing she had just left the Blimpie Sub place. She opened her sandwich which reeked of vinegar and proceeded to eat. I politely asked her to put away her sandwich and informed her that there was no eating in my car. She complained that she had not eaten all day; I informed her that this was not my problem and if she was a diabetic I had a hard piece of candy I could offer her. She called me some curse word put her sandwich away and we continued down the road. Once she got out I asked her to never ride with me again.

I am not your Chauffer - I pulled up to Horner road at the end of the trip and stopped in the 1st lot, the first passenger got out, I pulled into the 2nd lot and the back seat passenger refused to exit my vehicle. She asked that I drop her at the “Summerland apartments” I refused and informed her that she needed to exit my vehicle or I would park the car and assist her. She complained that it would take her 20 min to walk home which I stated was not my problem – I also asked that she never ride with me again.

Roller bags – oh how I hate them. There is a lady that rides to Horner from 14th and NY. Every day she has her roller bag. She put the bag into my seat and RUINED my gray leather seats. I NO LONGER ALLOW ROLLER BAGS to be placed in my seats for that reason. I now have another car and I was not paying attention one evening, daggonit if another roller bag person did not scratch the leather seats in my new car. Needless to say if you don’t want it on your lap do not ride with me.

Destroying my vehicle - Another 14th and NY street story – and they all happen on the way home LOL ok I pull up and this lady flings open my back door and slams it into the potters on the sidewalk, needless to say I had a dent in my back door that my husband was pissed about.

Coffee cups - I was driving my truck this morning when this woman hopped in, with her coffee cup. She fell asleep and spilled coffee all over my truck. Do you think she offered to pay for the cleaning of my can “NO” so now I no longer allow coffee drinking in my cars.

Gum popping – I feel like I am suck a meanie for this one, but do you know what it is like to have worked all night at the firehouse and have to be into work at 7:30am only to pick up a 50something year old woman who insists on popping her gum for 45 mins….. That almost ruined my day…

Freshly tinted windows – they tell you not to roll them down for I believe 3 days to a week – Slug hops into my car, down the windows go… Just bad timing I guess. This person has been forgiven.

Cell phone – I had a young lady get into my car at L’Enfant, she was on her phone, no big deal right – well she stayed on the phone until I asked her to get off in Springfield. I was listening to her boyfriend issues, STD”s he had given her etc. It was really a bad experience.

Please take all of your items when exiting the vehicle – I have a guy who rides with me and likes to pick his nose. He NEVER has a napkin, and I have seen him run the grossness between his two fingers and I believe drop it on my floor. Does he really think that I want his bugger in my car?

This is all I will bore you with for now. I am really a nice person, and easy to get along with I just wonder am I so out of touch. Just gauging for opinions am I wrong to have the slug rules on the seats for riders? As a rider I am quiet, I practice good hygiene (never smelly). And as a driver, I believe I am a great driver (don't we all) and I usually have music that pleases everyone Reggae to Country playing on my IPOD...Every once in a while you may hear Opera or Classical. I keep my cars in good condition, with the exception of the damage slugs have caused.

PLEASE TELL ME IF I AM OVER REACTING..
scottt View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2009 at 9:59am
quote:
Originally posted by msniac2

Destroying my vehicle - Another 14th and NY street story – and they all happen on the way home LOL ok I pull up and this lady flings open my back door and slams it into the potters on the sidewalk, needless to say I had a dent in my back door that my husband was pissed about.

I would have demanded this person's info and had them pay the damages. If they refused, then I would have called the police.
colossus911 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colossus911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2009 at 11:42am
quote:
Originally posted by scottt

quote:

I would have demanded this person's info and had them pay the damages. If they refused, then I would have called the police.

Um, what would police say? That someone bumped your door. Dude, you can't press charges against someone who rode in your car. I mean that is really silly. It sounds like it was an accident. Price of driving risk. Of course, a polite slug would have offered to pay but..well...

Msniac2 - On the rules...
Eating - Yeah no no not in my car
Chauffer - Ha, that is ripe...never had that happen
Rollar Bags - Dude those are the worst
Coffee - Yeah, I would have stopped the car first chance and had the snoozy lady get out.
Gum - Yeah well, things happen...
Cell phone - dude crank the radio up till she gets off the phone, simple solution
Tinted windows...um...oops...but I dont let the slugs mess with the windows in the first place

luvnslgn View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvnslgn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2009 at 12:05pm
I LOVE your rules! It is amazing how little regard people seem to have for common decency. It is a shame they have to be reminded. I can imagine that seeing these rules on a seat without the explanation may seem a bit harsh, but you seem to have been put through the ringer.
Oxi View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2009 at 2:49pm
quote:

b]Roller bags[/b] – oh how I hate them. There is a lady that rides to Horner from 14th and NY. Every day she has her roller bag. She put the bag into my seat and RUINED my gray leather seats. I NO LONGER ALLOW ROLLER BAGS to be placed in my seats for that reason. I now have another car and I was not paying attention one evening, daggonit if another roller bag person did not scratch the leather seats in my new car. Needless to say if you don’t want it on your lap do not ride with me.

Well, waht do you know, I can beat you with a better story! :-) One morning I picked up 2 guys from Rolling Valey, and before getting in, one of them says "Could I please use your trunk?" Well, I got out and opened my trunk and what do I see next to they guy? A LARGE SUITECASE! He obviously was leaving DC that day and decided to save money on cab/gas/whatever and use my car for his luggage. I let him do it this time - I guess I was too stunned to say anything - but that will never happen again. Weird!
smithma View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smithma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2009 at 6:19pm
Gum popping – I feel like I am suck a meanie for this one, but do you know what it is like to have worked all night at the firehouse and have to be into work at 7:30am only to pick up a 50something year old woman who insists on popping her gum for 45 mins….. That almost ruined my day…

[:(!]This one of my pet peeves also. Don't mind the gum chewing but I don't need to hear it.
mycroftt View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycroftt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2009 at 7:04am
quote:
Originally posted by Oxi

quote:

b]Roller bags[/b] – oh how I hate them. There is a lady that rides to Horner from 14th and NY. Every day she has her roller bag. She put the bag into my seat and RUINED my gray leather seats. I NO LONGER ALLOW ROLLER BAGS to be placed in my seats for that reason. I now have another car and I was not paying attention one evening, daggonit if another roller bag person did not scratch the leather seats in my new car. Needless to say if you don’t want it on your lap do not ride with me.

Well, waht do you know, I can beat you with a better story! :-) One morning I picked up 2 guys from Rolling Valey, and before getting in, one of them says "Could I please use your trunk?" Well, I got out and opened my trunk and what do I see next to they guy? A LARGE SUITECASE! He obviously was leaving DC that day and decided to save money on cab/gas/whatever and use my car for his luggage. I let him do it this time - I guess I was too stunned to say anything - but that will never happen again. Weird!

Uh...Are you honestly saying that you have never picked up a slug going to the airport? You're kidding, right? Feds go on official travel all the time - what's up with this new rule that they can't slug when they do so?
RetiredMarine View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RetiredMarine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2009 at 8:37am
I personally like your rules. As for the luggage if it doesn’t fit on there laps or the floor in front of them it doesn’t need to come in my car. Sorry the ride is FREE not a taxi.

Oxi View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2009 at 10:25am
quote:
Originally posted by mycroftt

quote:
Originally posted by Oxi

quote:

Uh...Are you honestly saying that you have never picked up a slug going to the airport? You're kidding, right? Feds go on official travel all the time - what's up with this new rule that they can't slug when they do so?

Yes, it honestly was the first time when I had someone with a suitcase in my car. And if feds go on official travel, they are welcome in my car with overnight carry-on luggage. Not with heavy luggage.
mycroftt View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycroftt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2009 at 4:04pm
What an incredibly selfish attitude. I guess the spirit of mutual aid is dead among the newcomers to slugging. I would say that I think it's a shame but I know that they are selfish enough that they would compromise their principles in a heartbeat if the only slug available had a suitcase.

For my part, I have never refused a ride to a civilian with luggage or to military people when they have something larger than a briefcase.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic