Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hybrid Extension to July, 2011

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
RetiredMarine View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RetiredMarine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hybrid Extension to July, 2011
    Posted: 09 Feb 2011 at 12:03pm
That is why I use email to write them. So far three of them have replied. one called.. I also have lost faith in our elected officials as well.
Pele View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2011 at 11:39am
quote:
Originally posted by RetiredMarine

Pele you also feel the Hybrids should be allowed to remain? I would think you would understand the value added by removing the exemption. Less traffic the reason the lanes were made in the first place.

No, I don't think hybrids should remain. Regardless of my opinion on how helpful they are to the environment (That's for another thread.) the purpose of the HOV lanes is not environmental in nature, but it's for reducing traffic. A Prius takes up the same roadway real estate as a Corolla; Therefore they should have the same restriction.

But I think your representative in Richmond isn't even going to read the letter. Their secretary or intern is going to read it and them promptly drop the letter in the trash.

I have little faith in politicians listening to their constituents and do not believe they are looking out for anyone's interests but their own.

To send a letter to a politician is a waste of paper and a stamp.

-------------------------
Times to beat:
Horner Rd to/from Pentagon: 12 mins Without Slugs - 17 mins With slugs
Dale City exit to/from 3rd St Tunnel, D.C. 18 mins (No slugs - Holiday)
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RetiredMarine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 3:41pm
Pele you also feel the Hybrids should be allowed to remain? I would think you would understand the value added by removing the exemption. Less traffic the reason the lanes were made in the first place.
Pele View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 1:25pm
quote:
Originally posted by RetiredMarine

quote:
Originally posted by jadams08

quote:
Originally posted by NoSUV

Wow - nearly 90% voted for the extension!!! Does that mean that those who oppose the extension are a very tiny minority? That the mainstream thinks it's a good idea?

But my question is why do they think its a good idea? What is their reasoning?

My advice is to write your Rep in Richmond. They all need to hear how we feel.

Your letter will be filed in the circular drawer, right next to the desk on the floor.

-------------------------
Times to beat:
Horner Rd to/from Pentagon: 12 mins Without Slugs - 17 mins With slugs
Dale City exit to/from 3rd St Tunnel, D.C. 18 mins (No slugs - Holiday)
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RetiredMarine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 2:09pm
quote:
Originally posted by jadams08

quote:

Wow - nearly 90% voted for the extension!!! Does that mean that those who oppose the extension are a very tiny minority? That the mainstream thinks it's a good idea?

My advice is to write your Rep in Richmond. They all need to hear how we feel.
bnvus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bnvus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2011 at 10:26am
I know what is their problem? Over half of them couldn't care less because it doesn't affect them; they don't live up here. Now with HOT lanes being fast tracked you would think the state/contractor would push to dismiss the extension in order to increase revenue. Afterall they won't be getting any money from the slug community and their drivers.
jadams08 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jadams08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2011 at 6:50am
quote:

NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2011 at 4:44pm
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RetiredMarine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 9:23am
A note from Mark Cole

Thank you for sharing your concerns about HOV lanes. I agree with you regarding the use of the lanes by hybrids; the exemption needs to be phased out. Unfortunately, I am one of the few in the General Assembly that feel that way. The extension of the HOV exemption for hybrids just passed the House by a 90 to 8 vote.

Thanks,

Mark L. Cole
Delegate, 88th District
Stafford, Spotsylvania, and Fauquier Counties
Flyby View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 6:49am
And why does the DMV ignore the fact that a hybrid owner who currently has a clean fuel tag (emblem on left) and therefore gets to use our HOV lanes with just one selfish person in the car can go and buy another brand new hybrid and just transfer their clean fuel tags onto their new vehicle. I thought the whole idea of the new tag with the clean fuel emblem on the right, not allowing the user to drive with just one, was to weed out these hypocrites through attrition. What gives? Does that also mean they can trade in their hybrid and put their old tags on a new hybrid that doesn't qualify for the exemption?

Flyby
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic