Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hybrid Extension to July, 2011

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RetiredMarine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 3:41pm
Pele you also feel the Hybrids should be allowed to remain? I would think you would understand the value added by removing the exemption. Less traffic the reason the lanes were made in the first place.
Pele View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2011 at 11:39am
quote:
Originally posted by RetiredMarine

Pele you also feel the Hybrids should be allowed to remain? I would think you would understand the value added by removing the exemption. Less traffic the reason the lanes were made in the first place.

No, I don't think hybrids should remain. Regardless of my opinion on how helpful they are to the environment (That's for another thread.) the purpose of the HOV lanes is not environmental in nature, but it's for reducing traffic. A Prius takes up the same roadway real estate as a Corolla; Therefore they should have the same restriction.

But I think your representative in Richmond isn't even going to read the letter. Their secretary or intern is going to read it and them promptly drop the letter in the trash.

I have little faith in politicians listening to their constituents and do not believe they are looking out for anyone's interests but their own.

To send a letter to a politician is a waste of paper and a stamp.

-------------------------
Times to beat:
Horner Rd to/from Pentagon: 12 mins Without Slugs - 17 mins With slugs
Dale City exit to/from 3rd St Tunnel, D.C. 18 mins (No slugs - Holiday)
RetiredMarine View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RetiredMarine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2011 at 12:03pm
That is why I use email to write them. So far three of them have replied. one called.. I also have lost faith in our elected officials as well.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic