Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Using the AC to much to ask?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nlapietr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2010 at 10:18am
That myth buster's episode in my opinion was crap. You don't use two separate vehicles for this as you can't measure the difference in the infinite number of variables affecting performance of the engine, etc. There was no baseline. A more accurate test (or should I say an accurate test) would have used the same vehicle for both tests. I stopped watching the show after this test in disgust.

Nick
Pele View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2010 at 12:06pm
^

+1

The pump they used to remove fuel from the tanks of the vehicles was also inaccurate...

They shoved a hose into the fuel filler openings of both vehicles. How could they be sure the hose touched the bottom of the tank? How can they be sure they removed all the fuel?

I like the fuel economy test they used in the golfball dented car test. They had a separate tank they put in the trunk of the car and they weighed it with a scale after each test run.

-------------------------
Times to beat:
Horner Rd to/from Pentagon: 12 mins Without Slugs - 17 mins With slugs
Dale City exit to/from 3rd St Tunnel, D.C. 18 mins (No slugs - Holiday)
Bodybykids View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bodybykids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2010 at 1:01pm
quote:
Originally posted by deepali_anuje

@BurkeSlugin : I think this is what you say to everyone. Agreed that the driver cant control the AC/ radio station etc. But why give anyone a chance to? Why do people always have to be so inconsiderate about a passenger? Why do people have to listen to religious channels when slugging rules clearly defines that you are not suppose to. Is it not a mutual give and take? Agreed, the car is yours - but why not make the environment comforatble since you have chosen to come to the parking lot and pick up people? Why do "egos" have to pop in on so little things?

I understand some cars take a long time to start their AC's and thats fine for me. So long the driver has consideration for riders, it matters.

????? It's thier car....if they want to listen to religious music, WTOP, 95.5 or whatever I don't care, I have learned to tune things out that I don't want to listen to. If its "Blastin" then I might ask the driver if he/she would mind turning it down some. If they don't - I'll be miserable for 30 minutes and then on my way but be sure I took note and won't ride with them again. Its a free system and I am not going to let the little things rain on my parade [:D]
cc@79 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cc@79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2010 at 11:49am
People are comfortable at different temperatures. I'm from a more northern part of the country and personnally like it cold. At times I have had the AC going and in a t-shirt perfectly comfortable while my riders were bundled up and noticably cold to the point I made the adjustment to make them more comfortable. I have no problem with people asking me to about the temp, radio, etc. I'm happy to adjust but may not always notice someones discomfort. So, my opinon-ask. Just be courteous when doing so please and for heavens sake dont end the ride upset over something if you didnt inquire.

cc@79
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic