Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

14th Steet Changes Feedback/Suggestions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 14th Steet Changes Feedback/Suggestions
    Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 8:54am
Please provide feedback and/or suggestions on the changes to the 14th and NY slug line being moved to 15th and NY street.
NO44 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NO44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 8:59am
I'mm confused, didn't they just move it to 15th and NY last night?
quote:
Originally posted by Admin

Please provide feedback and/or suggestions on the changes to the 14th and NY slug line being moved to 14th and H street.

Nic
Admin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 9:13am
Oops. Typo... in hurry.
NO44 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NO44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 9:17am
It didn't really impact me except it seems like a lot of extra driving... added maybe 5 minutes to my trip. I feel badly for the slugs though bcuz they don't have shelter and a lot of people walk from Chinatown over there so it is a longer walk. Why don't we just put a slug line on 9th street? (she said hopefully)

:)

quote:

Oops. Typo... in hurry.

Nic
Salty View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 10:38am
Slugs in line used to be able to stand below the building to escape the rain. It doesnt seem like we will be able to escape the weather at the new location. [:(]

Im also concerned with being further away from the bus stop on 15th. I dont know if I can see my bus take the turn onto H from the new line. If I can see it, do I have enough time to bail out of line and make the long walk down New York to catch it.

Drivers dont drive everyday and slugs dont slug everyday. How long will DDOT be present at the old location to educate drivers of the new location?

Did DDOT consider sinage at the new location so slugs can line up at a point and drivers would know where to pick up from?

Why are the lines not spread apart more at the new location? Cars would be able to pull into and out of the pick up lane more easily if we were spread apart more. There is plenty of room to spread out the lines along 15th Street.
sallie.worth View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sallie.worth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 11:47am
quote:

Please provide feedback and/or suggestions on the changes to the 14th and NY slug line being moved to 15th and NY street.

per DDOT:
From: Cleckley, Eulois (DDOT) [mailto:eulois.cleckley@dc.gov]
Sent: Thursday, October 07, 2010 11:41 AM
To: xxxxx
Subject: RE: Hey what kind of reports did you get back yesterday

DDOT said I would prefer that they email so we can document the correspondence.

Eulois eulois.cleckley@dc.gov

Sent: Thursday, October 07, 2010 11:34 AM
To: Cleckley, Eulois (DDOT)
Subject: RE: Hey what kind of reports did you get back yesterday

http://www.slug-lines.com

It just lists your phone number 202-671-0682. I wanted to post it on the message board.
sallie.worth View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sallie.worth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 11:49am
This just in from DDOT

Post this:

Feel free to email Eulois.cleckley@dc.gov for concerns or questions regarding the new slug line location at 15th st between New York Ave and H st.
NO44 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NO44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 2:50pm
As a driver, it isn't too terrible, but it is annoying because I come from chinatow down I street and cannot make a left at 15th as it is one way so I am forced to go down Vermont, back track and trun right on 15th which is always a long line of cars (iI guess its just like that horrid turn from I onto 14th where pedestrians will cross at the last second so only 1 or 2 cars can turn. I am okay with it, although I am thinking of exercising 2 options. 1. Go down NY and turn up 15th and bust a U turn ot 2. Go pick up and the 14th and D location instead (provided they don't move it).

I feel sorry for the slugs that don't have shelter now. Why didn't they think to try this in the summer months during the tourist season? Perhaps they can do it during those months, since shelter is not really an issue and that is when 14th street is most congested.

Also can they spread out the lines some? It's easier to get to the slugs that way.

In all it adds about 5-10 minutes onto the trip, when all I really want to do is get home to my dogs.

I think this is a good idea for summer months only.

Nic
ernie View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ernie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 2:57pm
Bobs rides scarce yesterday. I think the Bobs slug line will probably dry up and go away or they will start one somewhere else. Too many problems.

When I went out there there were 2 cop cars parked right where the slug lines are on 15th, doubt any drivers would want to pull in between them.

I can't think of anything good that will become of this, it closer to my office but a useless place for a slug line, only 2 lanes, one way streets, drivers can't get to it, secret service and cops everywhere, no shelter, no bus line, and all the drivers will end up back on 14th anyway after they clog up the side streets.......

DC cab drivers stopping wherever they please cause more issues on 14th street than a slug line does.
NO44 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NO44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 3:03pm
And it's really the busses that clog everything up becasue they have to wait if they are early to stay on schedule.

DC cab drivers stopping wherever they please cause more issues on 14th street than a slug line does.

Nic
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic