Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Worst slug story in history

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tmcc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 11:02am
Polly, that is the dumbest sh%t I have heard in this thread, and it had devolved into lunacy long ago.
mdog View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 11:06am
In most cases it's not the fact of adjusting the seat itself, but doing it w/o first asking the driver if it's ok to do it - that's the issue. I - as a driver, - may not want you to touch controls for many reasons.

I have an example when once a back seat rider in my bimmer decided to adjust the headrest. I'm not sure if he wasn't used to fine German engineering :) or goes to gym too often and likes to show off, but he pulled it with such force that it detached from the seat and he ended up hiting the headliner hard with his fists, scaring the sh..t out of everyone as we thought we've been rear-ended.
slug123456789 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slug123456789 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 11:11am
quote:
Originally posted by mdog

In most cases it's not the fact of adjusting the seat itself, but doing it w/o first asking the driver if it's ok to do it - that's the issue. I - as a driver, - may not want you to touch controls for many reasons.

I have an example when once a back seat rider in my bimmer decided to adjust the headrest. I'm not sure if he wasn't used to fine German engineering :) or goes to gym too often and likes to show off, but he pulled it with such force that it detached from the seat and he ended up hiting the headliner hard with his fists, scaring the sh..t out of everyone as we thought we've been rear-ended.

Oh, no. The dreaded head-rest! OMG![:0] Get over yourself. The headrest, next to a seatbelt, is the most important thing to have set. Maybe your "fine" cars head-rest got stuck because it was just so well made!! He had to put extra strength in it to get it to lift. And really, you're going to prevent a passenger from protecting themself in case of an accident? What about the seat-belt. Should we ask your permission before we buckle in? I mean, it's only the LAW!!!!!! But hey. Get sued- have fun with that.
Jim Hall View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Hall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 11:23am
TMCC You are the dump one, aren't you a witness? If so, why are you telling the world. You sound are a piece of S--- to me.
leasetwo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leasetwo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 11:31am
The original slug said driver was driving fast NOT erratic. If McKinney told passenger in front seat to quit playing with control knobs, where is the beef? What’s wrong with that? Backseat slug said this was a scolding. You don’t become a leader by being a wimp or doormat. Is he supposed to let a stranger damage his vehicle? Its obvious backseat slug took issue with his conversation with front seat slug.Javascript:insertsmilie('[|)]')

I cannot believe a slug (backseat) would be so callous that they would play games on a phone and not pay early attention to a driver’s initial safety skills. He then looks up from his game and become upset about the driver speed. Don’t believe it. I have ridden with slow drivers who scared me out of my skin and fast drivers with whom I had complete confidence. Most drivers are going to respond it you tell them they are driving fast. To characterize the response as “belligerent” is a matter of opinion.

Since slug was discharged on the curb, slug had to place HIMSELF in front of the vehicle since no evidence was presented to indicate the driver chased the slug.
mdog View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 11:46am
wow, I guess quite a few Army folks feel the need to defend one of theirs...
mycroftt View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycroftt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 11:52am
quote:
Originally posted by tmcc

... this thread ... had devolved into lunacy long ago.

Yeah, but you sort of knew that it would, didn't you? [:D]
leasetwo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leasetwo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 12:14pm
quote:
Originally posted by tmcc

Polly, that is the dumbest sh%t I have heard in this thread, and it had devolved into lunacy long ago.

You left lots of holes in your story, why not close the gaps?
shorty5646 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorty5646 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 12:16pm
Wow, this thread has gotten completely out of control. Am I the only one feeling disgusted at some of the responses here?

tmcc is a fellow slug who experienced a situation extremely out of the ordinary. Therefore, he/she posted his/her version of the story on this website, which just so happens to be dedicated to slugging.

I, for one, follow this website (especially the message boards) because I like to keep myself informed of all things related to my commute when slugging - and that includes bad drivers or potentially dangerous situations. I appreciate that others take the time to give the rest of us a head's up when these things happen, because hey, it might actually affect me.

For some of the posters here to say nasty things about the original poster, or to place blame on the victim (who ABSOLUTELY did NOT deserve to be run over - I don't care what your argument is - it's ILLEGAL and precisely why the driver was ARRESTED!!!!) is completely unfair and in my opinion, says something about your character. While I don't agree with many of the thing said here, that is something YOU have to live with.

I believe the majority of the members here are just trying to get back and forth to work and don't want to hurt anyone. For whatever reason, something went terribly wrong the morning this happened. Luckily, most of us haven't and won't experience anything like this - but I certainly don't think anyone who wasn't involved should judge those who were.
leasetwo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leasetwo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 1:09pm
quote:
Originally posted by shorty5646

Wow, this thread has gotten completely out of control. Am I the only one feeling disgusted at some of the responses here?

tmcc is a fellow slug who experienced a situation extremely out of the ordinary. Therefore, he/she posted his/her version of the story on this website, which just so happens to be dedicated to slugging.

I, for one, follow this website (especially the message boards) because I like to keep myself informed of all things related to my commute when slugging - and that includes bad drivers or potentially dangerous situations. I appreciate that others take the time to give the rest of us a head's up when these things happen, because hey, it might actually affect me.

For some of the posters here to say nasty things about the original poster, or to place blame on the victim (who ABSOLUTELY did NOT deserve to be run over - I don't care what your argument is - it's ILLEGAL and precisely why the driver was ARRESTED!!!!) is completely unfair and in my opinion, says something about your character. While I don't agree with many of the thing said here, that is something YOU have to live with.

I believe the majority of the members here are just trying to get back and forth to work and don't want to hurt anyone. For whatever reason, something went terribly wrong the morning this happened. Luckily, most of us haven't and won't experience anything like this - but I certainly don't think anyone who wasn't involved should judge those who were.

You appear to have made assumptions that original poster comments are true. We only know from police reports that a car driven by the arrested driver hurt a commuter.

We only know a version of the event as presented by TMCC. We don’t know if his version is fact or fiction. He can explain the loose ends or let us present our analysis of what we heard or read.

What does he mean when he say driver swerved around a Prius going about the speed limit? He is riding in a fast smooth powerful vehicle and only got concerned when it passed a Prius. Two drifferent classes of vehicles on same lane. But, prior to the swerve he was not concerned enough to look up from his phone game. Get real.

What is the meaning of belligerent? I did not get it in his description of a response from driver.

Some are only looking at this from slug point of view. Us DRIVERS are also concerned with being accused such as this. I have read nothing to warrant pictures or any report to any official prior to the accident. If slug got out on side, why was he in front when driver obviously had to look left and back to reenter traffic. There is a big old tag on rear of every vehicle.

Remember recently when a woman accused someone of throwing acid in her face. Upset me to no ends. Turned out the woman threw the acid into her own face. Be careful about accepting allegations as the full truth.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic