Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Worst slug story in history

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aesthetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 2:17pm
I just read about this and have now read up on this McKinney guy. Geez, what a basket case. Maybe he's the one who has been shooting at the Pentagon, Marine Museum, Marine recruiting center and Coast Guard recruiting center?
slug123456789 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slug123456789 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 2:27pm
quote:
Originally posted by aesthetic

[size=2][b][font=Verdana]Maybe he's the one who has been shooting at the Pentagon, Marine Museum, Marine recruiting center and Coast Guard recruiting center

Not funny.
luvnslgn View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvnslgn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 2:53pm
quote:

I just read about this and have now read up on this McKinney guy. Geez, what a basket case. Maybe he's the one who has been shooting at the Pentagon, Marine Museum, Marine recruiting center and Coast Guard recruiting center?

That is completely irresponsible.
RetiredMarine View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RetiredMarine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 3:40pm
quote:

While this guy is a poor driver. I don't think what you said is called for.
leasetwo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leasetwo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 5:13pm
“The two passengers felt the driver was driving erratically and in excessive speed, and had mentioned that to the driver several times." "When the passengers exited the vehicle, one of them attempted to take a picture of the car and the license plate to report it to the police department.” Copied from News Reports

Are you kidding me? TMCC description of the trip could not rightfully be described as erratic. Fast in HOV is normal.

What fool hitching a ride for the HOV lane would think police would welcome fast driving reports?

If driver discharged slug on side of vehicle, what fool would step out in FRONT of vehicle to take picture?

Something stinks with this blog story.
keelhauld View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keelhauld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 10:30pm
quote:
Originally posted by kkenney

TMCC

I'm an assignment editor with WUSA TV We'd like to talk to you about this incident in Crystal City Drop me an email at klkenney1@yahoo.com with a contact number and we'll get in touch

kevin kenney

Hey there ink slinger, jonny on the spot there aren't you? I can't imagine why you would be interested in this story nobody is dead or seriously maimed. I mean the guy was never even taken to the hospital…at least according to one of your star reporter buddies. Jesus, why don’t you slackers stop focusing on which 5 star crapper the frigging Salahis managed to sneak into and actually report on some news that truly affects people’s lives? Sorry folks they just annoy the bejesus out of me!
keelhauld View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keelhauld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 11:12pm
quote:
Originally posted by luvnslgn

quote:

That is completely irresponsible.

Gentlemen,
I don’t care what position this meathead held in my U.S. Army he’s a fruit loop and a nut job and he deserves every ounce of public rebuke he gets for what he did the other day and for that matter for his past indiscretions while still on active duty. Aesthetic’s comment may be in poor taste but McKinney is a real dirt bag and he deserves everything he gets. Hell, the military court system couldn’t fix him what makes you think the civilians are going to take care of the problem. Maybe a relentless campaign of embarrassment might actually do some good.
mycroftt View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycroftt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2010 at 7:53am
quote:
Originally posted by leasetwo

What fool hitching a ride for the HOV lane would think police would welcome fast driving reports?

If driver discharged slug on side of vehicle, what fool would step out in FRONT of vehicle to take picture?

That seems to be what actually happened. While the driver is responsible for his actions, it must be recognized that the so-called victim brought his problems on himself. What manner of arrogance led him to attempt to detain the driver by placing himself in front of a running automobile? Who the heck did he think he was and what made him think he had the right to detain anyone? The driver would have no way of knowing the guy's intentions - extortion, internet defaming, whatever. I don't think he should have been struck by the vehicle but he certainly deserved at least a punch in the nose and his phone smashed. I have no sympathy for the fellow. I think the original poster, tmcc, handled himself correctly by exiting the vehicle and walking away.
mycroftt View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycroftt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2010 at 8:00am
quote:
Originally posted by keelhauld
Gentlemen,
I don’t care what position this meathead held in my U.S. Army he’s a fruit loop and a nut job and he deserves every ounce of public rebuke he gets for what he did the other day and for that matter for his past indiscretions while still on active duty. Aesthetic’s comment may be in poor taste but McKinney is a real dirt bag and he deserves everything he gets. Hell, the military court system couldn’t fix him what makes you think the civilians are going to take care of the problem. Maybe a relentless campaign of embarrassment might actually do some good.

It is precisely this attitude that leads me to believe that the driver was somewhat justified, albeit way overboard, in reacting to the actions of the fellow who attempted to detain him. You may think that a campaign of anonymous internet harassment is an effective way of taking McKinney to task for his bad behavior but anyone engaging in that type of vigilantism should expect that their target might react somehow, maybe even in an entirely different manner. Not everyone is an anonymous coward.
slug123456789 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slug123456789 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2010 at 8:10am
quote:
Originally posted by mycroftt

quote:

While the driver is responsible for his actions, it must be recognized that the so-called victim brought his problems on himself. What manner of arrogance led him to attempt to detain the driver by placing himself in front of a running automobile? Who the heck did he think he was and what made him think he had the right to detain anyone?

Hey, wait a minute here! I have not heard or read that the slug was attempting to detain the driver. Yes, according to the original post he left the passenger door open so the driver could not move while he took the picture, but from everything I had read all he wanted to do was get a picture of the car/license plate and do something with that pic - whatever that plan was. Although I can't say getting in front of the car was a good idea but I think the slug was trying to make a point to the driver that what he - the driver - had done was wrong and the slug was going to do somthing about it by taking a picture. Regardless, I feel very sorry for the slug who got hit and anyone here bashing him should be ashamed! The driver of the car obviously has problems and should not be allowed to drive for a very long time; the slug now knows next time to not be in front of a car when taking a picture and the other passenger who was involved probably wishes to have stayed home that day!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
  Share Topic