Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NEW - Two Options for Potomac Mills Slugs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 15>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pentagonslug74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2011 at 10:52am
Was at the Dale City at 6am again this morning, there were more sluggers there today than yesterday, but very few drivers. A bunch of us from the Pentagon line had to take the PRTC (you can only wait so long or late to work). I counted 12 at the Crystal City / Rosslyn line and only one car came through in the 35mins I was there.

When the bus got to Horner at 650 the place was a beast. No parking left, people made parking spaces, and the slug lines for drivers were extremely long, some with no sluggers in them. One disturbing thing I saw were people driving to the end of the slugger line and picking up sluggers and driving off. This screws the drivers waiting in line to pick up sluggers. All because people don't want to wait. I saw this happen four times while sitting on the bus.
Menina120 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Menina120 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2011 at 11:14am
Dale City Commuter lot is closer for me but how do we get home? I slug to the Pentagon. Is there a Dale City line at the Pentagon?
dizzykat22192 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dizzykat22192 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2011 at 11:29am
I think we can all agree that it's not only the where but the when. Lots are getting full earlier and earlier - but going into DC earlier is not only inconvenient for some but it doesn't really solve the overall problem - which is not enough parking or managing the existing parking. I would like to see local churches step up to the plate on this one as well - it certainly would restore my faith... In any event I think "Fedup" is correct - late parking for Old Hechingers should move to the 123 lot - same slug locations just different pck up spot and really, it's not all that inconvenient being right off the highway and HOV entrance close by. Sometimes getting out of Old Hechingers can be just as time consuming as going around that weird drive to the 123 lot.
Admin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2011 at 11:38am
I agree with moving at least the 14th/18th/L'Enfant lines to the 123 lot. It makes sense to start using it. I drove throught it this morning and it really isn't that bad to get into/out of.

I would like to see if the Dale City Lot develops for the Pentagon/Rosslyn/CC lines. If these are not supported by the slugs/drivers we may have to look at moving these to 123 as well.
soldierguardian View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soldierguardian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2011 at 11:56am
They should step up, afterall they are not paying property taxes, but use county resources...

quote:
Originally posted by dizzykat22192

I think we can all agree that it's not only the where but the when. Lots are getting full earlier and earlier - but going into DC earlier is not only inconvenient for some but it doesn't really solve the overall problem - which is not enough parking or managing the existing parking. I would like to see local churches step up to the plate on this one as well - it certainly would restore my faith... In any event I think "Fedup" is correct - late parking for Old Hechingers should move to the 123 lot - same slug locations just different pck up spot and really, it's not all that inconvenient being right off the highway and HOV entrance close by. Sometimes getting out of Old Hechingers can be just as time consuming as going around that weird drive to the 123 lot.

New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dizzykat22192 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2011 at 12:01pm
Thanks for reviewing these messages. I think the SOP should be that if you get to Old Hechingers and it's full then head on over to 123. As long as you are there before 9:00 you will be able to get the bus if no drivers come along but we need drivers to know this as well so slugs need to pass on the news.
quote:
Originally posted by Admin

I agree with moving at least the 14th/18th/L'Enfant lines to the 123 lot. It makes sense to start using it. I drove throught it this morning and it really isn't that bad to get into/out of.

I would like to see if the Dale City Lot develops for the Pentagon/Rosslyn/CC lines. If these are not supported by the slugs/drivers we may have to look at moving these to 123 as well.

New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dizzykat22192 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2011 at 12:05pm
Interestingly enough, I have some co-workers who park in church lots in DC -- guess what Metrobus has done - eliminated the bus stops near those lots so you have to walk a few blocks to get to the next bus stop. They want to re-route people to the Metro parking lots (translation $$$)Try to convince me this is not capitalism at it's finest.
quote:
Originally posted by soldierguardian

They should step up, afterall they are not paying property taxes, but use county resources...

quote:
Originally posted by dizzykat22192

Fall_Line View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fall_Line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2011 at 12:20pm
I used the Dale City lot for the first time today. I got there around 8 and the lot looked close to full, but there were about 20 spaces on the Minnieville end and quite a few in the area where the Farmers Market is. There didn't seem to be any cars waiting for Crystal or Rosslyn, so I hopped in with someone going to Pentagon. My entire trip (to downtown in the Farragut area) was just under an hour-- pretty darn good.

I plan to make Dale City my regular lot. It would sure be nice to feel confident I can get back there in the evenings. Planning to go to Rosslyn with a sign tonight, but prepared with exact change to slug to Horner and catch the bus as a backup.

Side note, according to my husband, Tackett's filled at about 7:55 this morning.
shorty5646 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorty5646 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2011 at 12:30pm
It may make sense for some to slug out of the Route 123 lot, and that's fine. But I feel strongly that there need to be MORE options than just 1 or 2 lots, as it seems clear that will not work for everyone.

Speaking for myself, it would take me 20+ minutes (depending on traffic) just to get to that part of Woodbridge from where I live. Also factor in that I don't have to be at work until 9am, so I leave later in the morning.

I had already moved over to Tackett's and was arriving around 8:15am to go to the Pentagon, even though my final destination is L'Enfant (Horner and Potomac were filling up too early to be viable option for me)and this morning, even the "overflow lot" across Minnieville from Tackett's was nearly full before 8am. Now it looks like I will have to come in to work even earlier just to get parking... am I the only one bothered by this?!
fed up View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fed up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2011 at 12:32pm
I got to the Dale City commuter lot this morning around 7:20 and had to wait for 20 minutes to get riders for the Pentagon. I'm hoping more and more people use this lot. I left Dale City this morning around 7:40 and got to my office on Capitol Hill on time despite having to re-route myself around the 14th Street Bridge traffic because of the fire at the Reagan Building.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 15>
  Share Topic