Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NEW - Two Options for Potomac Mills Slugs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 15>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snlfam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2011 at 12:37pm
Drove through a full Hechingers lot this morning and decided to park at 123 lot instead. Got to the lot about 8:15 and waited about 10 mins for a car to pull though... BUT 1 FINALLY DID!! [:D]

However the driver said that there was a long line of cars waiting at the Hechinger's lot still. I hope drivers will get the word that if they make the 3 minute detour, they can get the riders at 123.

To previous parkers at Hechinger's... no need to park illegally and get ticketed (I have had that happen before), come over to 123. The line was not long yet, and if you are waiting, drivers will come.

14th/18th/L'enfant: GET THE WORD OUT! 123 is up and running!

Admin: Do we have a map to show drivers the best ways to get to this lot?

quote:
Originally posted by Admin

I agree with moving at least the 14th/18th/L'Enfant lines to the 123 lot. It makes sense to start using it. I drove throught it this morning and it really isn't that bad to get into/out of.

I would like to see if the Dale City Lot develops for the Pentagon/Rosslyn/CC lines. If these are not supported by the slugs/drivers we may have to look at moving these to 123 as well.

JustALilSlug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustALilSlug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2011 at 12:39pm
quote:
Originally posted by Menina120

Dale City Commuter lot is closer for me but how do we get home? I slug to the Pentagon. Is there a Dale City line at the Pentagon?

What I am going to do is hold up a sign. I'm sure somebody will go to or lives by the lot somewhere.

Yesterday I slugged to and from Rosslyn from Dale City with great success. Today I slugged in to Rosslyn from Dale City.

Here's what I noticed today when I got there at 7:20a.

Pentagon:
When I got there there was only 1 car for pentagon but she was in the Rosslyn/Crystal City line. There were multiple people getting on the commuter bus to Pentagon. As I was leaving, there were about 4 Pentagon cars and some people walking to those cars. I'm not sure about how much success they had with sluggers. But if I was going to Pentagon, I would rather wait for a slugger than pay $1.50 or $4+ for a bus.

Rosslyn/Crystal City:
There were about 4 cars for Rosslyn and Crystal City when I parked but it seemed to be confusion on where to start the line. According to the PRTC guy yesterday there should be 3 lines, but it was only 2 today as Rosslyn and Crystal City was 1 line and the sign said "Rosslyn/Crystal City". There were a few sluggers walking to cars so I believe that there was success for Rosslyn/Crystal City drivers picking up sluggers.

The lot was about 1/2 to 2/3rd full. It seems like this will probably be a late lot.

Rosslyn, L'Enfant & Pentagon Slugger
shawnada1 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shawnada1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2011 at 1:00pm
All of these options and suggestions touches issues with the morning commute. What about the evening commute. Although drivers may pick up, lets say the Dale City lot, in the evening those drivers will be cruising the more convenient lines to drop slugs off at Horner Rd to avoid the inconvenience of driving down Minnieville in the evening unless they are already traveling in that direction.
Rose14507 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rose14507 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2011 at 1:18pm
You are definately not the only one. I know other people who do not have to be at L'Enfant before 9, and they are suffering too. May be you all can carpool, from one of these available lots.
cksavage View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cksavage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2011 at 1:22pm
quote:
Originally posted by shawnada1

All of these options and suggestions touches issues with the morning commute. What about the evening commute. Although drivers may pick up, lets say the Dale City lot, in the evening those drivers will be cruising the more convenient lines to drop slugs off at Horner Rd to avoid the inconvenience of driving down Minnieville in the evening unless they are already traveling in that direction.

Use the power of suggestion. If a driver is willing to go out of his way to pick up at these lots in the AM, when you get to your destination, thank the driver and add that you hope to see him for the return trip in the evening....
Rose14507 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rose14507 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2011 at 1:28pm
So, there is a slug line for L'Enfant at around 8:30 AM in the 123 lot ??
shawnada1 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shawnada1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2011 at 1:32pm
quote:
Originally posted by cksavage

quote:

Use the power of suggestion. If a driver is willing to go out of his way to pick up at these lots in the AM, when you get to your destination, thank the driver and add that you hope to see him for the return trip in the evening....

shawnada1 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shawnada1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2011 at 1:34pm
Yeah the other problem with that, althought the morning drop off point in DC may be common for the L'Enfant Plaza folks, there will have to be seperate slug lines to form for those going back to the original start point of Dale City. I dont see that happening with the existing complaints for those Non-HOV users in DC.
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by cksavage

quote:

ktzmom13 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ktzmom13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2011 at 1:35pm
I really do believe that it would be best to move from PM or establish a 14th/18th/L'Enfant slug line at the Dale City parking lot. Bus service is available and it just makes more sense. I don't go in until 8:30 am and PM is just not an option for me at the time any more. I live near the Dumfries line, so 123 and 95 is just too far away.
Menina120 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Menina120 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2011 at 2:06pm
Does anyone know what time the 234 lot fills up?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 15>
  Share Topic