Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NEW - Two Options for Potomac Mills Slugs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melcamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2011 at 2:07pm
The only problem with that is there is no option for people to take the bus if there are no cars.
quote:
Originally posted by dwyorkster

The news stories have indicated that the county was in discussion with PTRC and other private properties near Potomac Mills to come up with other options. I understand one of those discussions is with First Baptist Church (at Minnieville and PW Parkway) where they have a large parking lot. A decision is expected in the next few/several days, but, of course, the county's discussions did not really begin soon enough to get everything in place by Monday. Just FYI in case that's a potential game-changer in the next several days/weeks.

Melanie C
dizzykat22192 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dizzykat22192 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2011 at 2:17pm
Let's not have them force us onto the HOT lanes because we cannot get 3 riders. The HOV will start looking exactly like the regular lanes except someone will be making money ...
soldierguardian View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soldierguardian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2011 at 2:40pm
Marumsco Plaza has a lot of space, but that section of Rt 1 is very congested in the afternoon already and that area is a little run-down looking, but it could accomodate possibly 300-400 or more cars. It could be a plus for the businesses there...
siggy14 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siggy14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2011 at 2:50pm
I think we need to keep lines at all locations, for alot of people in the montclair area going to 123 would be out of the question and having people coming from the lake ridge area to 234 would be kind of far.

I use to be potomac, but this morning I drove to horner, got up 15 minutes earlier, took an extra 5 to drive there and going home will take an extra 10 to 15 minutes when I have to fight the miniville traffic. So yes I am making sacrafices as well, but I would never goto the 123 lot, just too far for me.

quote:
Originally posted by Admin

I agree with moving at least the 14th/18th/L'Enfant lines to the 123 lot. It makes sense to start using it. I drove throught it this morning and it really isn't that bad to get into/out of.

I would like to see if the Dale City Lot develops for the Pentagon/Rosslyn/CC lines. If these are not supported by the slugs/drivers we may have to look at moving these to 123 as well.

JustALilSlug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustALilSlug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2011 at 2:58pm
Just wanted to add that I will be holding up my sign at the Horner/Potomac Mills line for Dale City.

Rosslyn, L'Enfant & Pentagon Slugger
dizzykat22192 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dizzykat22192 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2011 at 3:55pm
More fun and games. Just got email from PRTC that they are officially moving the stops along 14th St. re-routing through 15th St. and NY and 15th and Commerce beginning 2/28. Makes me long for the shores of some sunny beach.
Bob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2011 at 8:06am
It looks like we need to have Rosslyn/Crystal and DC slugging from 123 as well as from Dale City. For those living in the Lake Ridge area, can someone tell me why it would be such a problem to park at 123? It is really only 5 minutes from Tacketts. Is there are real difficulty accessing the HOV lane from the 123 lot? The buses do it.
Cplace View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cplace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2011 at 8:42am
Have successfully picked up slugs at Dale City for Pentagon. More drivers are showing up there. Pick up is slow, just need more riders to show up, plenty of spots when I got there at 630, there was already a car waiting when I got there, had another pull up behind me while I was waiting, took 10-15 minutes wait time to get 2 Pentagon riders. My one rider said he has to hold up a sign in the afternoon at the Pentagon to get a ride back to Dale City but this is a transition so it'll take time for drivers to learn where to pick them up but with the sign he's had no problem getting back to the lot. Please if you're a rider and you have access to the Dale City lot please use it, drivers are starting to show up and riders are saying they get back fine in the afternoon. The lot is workable, and I really believe it's starting to pick up momentum.
Monkey View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2011 at 8:56am
quote:
Originally posted by Cplace

Have successfully picked up slugs at Dale City for Pentagon. More drivers are showing up there. Pick up is slow, just need more riders to show up, plenty of spots when I got there at 630, there was already a car waiting when I got there, had another pull up behind me while I was waiting, took 10-15 minutes wait time to get 2 Pentagon riders. My one rider said he has to hold up a sign in the afternoon at the Pentagon to get a ride back to Dale City but this is a transition so it'll take time for drivers to learn where to pick them up but with the sign he's had no problem getting back to the lot. Please if you're a rider and you have access to the Dale City lot please use it, drivers are starting to show up and riders are saying they get back fine in the afternoon. The lot is workable, and I really believe it's starting to pick up momentum.

I've had somewhat similar success as a rider. Tried it for the first time yesterday - 6:30, plenty of parking on both ends of the lot, two cars for Pentagon. Today was a little different. Lots of people waiting for busses (including a bus to Pentagon), about 6 cars waiting for Pentagon riders.

Getting home yesterday was a bit more dicey. Several drivers looking for riders to PM; when asked if they would go to Dale City where the line moved, many quizzical responses and many declines.

I'm willing to stick it out another week, as the Dale City lot is much closer for me and I have no fondness of riding the bus.
JustALilSlug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustALilSlug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2011 at 9:15am
We need more Pentagon riders for Dale City and more Rosslyn/CC drivers for Dale City. There was a loong line of Pentagon drivers.

I slugged in today from Dale City to Rosslyn (got there around 7:40a) and I waited about 5-10 minutes for a car to pull up for Rosslyn. A car pulled up for CC and there was only 1 rider waiting for CC. A second driver pulled up for CC but she was willing to go to Rosslyn since getting back to CC is a hop, skip and jump away (there were 6 of us in line for Rosslyn by this point).

Yesterday I was reluctant enough that the first car at the Rosslyn pick up point was for Dale City (they already had a passenger in the car for Dale City).

Im trying to see if they will place signs at the Horner/PM pick up points at Pentagon, Rosslyn and CC so that more drivers and riders are aware that there's a lot there.

I really hope that Dale City picks up.

Rosslyn, L'Enfant & Pentagon Slugger
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415>
  Share Topic