Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NEW - Two Options for Potomac Mills Slugs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12131415>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2011 at 9:30am
Perhaps if we had another standardized flyer that Dale City slugs can hand out to drivers in the afternoon, that would help. The flyer would have a map and state in clear terms that if drivers and slugs dont have the flexibility to go there perhaps as a second stop for drivers after Potomac or Tacketts, then this thing may not work. There may only be a week or two of time to get it up to a "critical mass" as a viable slug line. Or not, who knows?
dizzykat22192 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dizzykat22192 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2011 at 10:10am
I agree with this. Boths lots should have all lines (14/18/Pentagon, etc) so people who live near Dale lot could confidently go there for riders and those in Lake Ridge would not have to backtrack to the Dale lot.

quote:
Originally posted by siggy14

I think we need to keep lines at all locations, for alot of people in the montclair area going to 123 would be out of the question and having people coming from the lake ridge area to 234 would be kind of far.

I use to be potomac, but this morning I drove to horner, got up 15 minutes earlier, took an extra 5 to drive there and going home will take an extra 10 to 15 minutes when I have to fight the miniville traffic. So yes I am making sacrafices as well, but I would never goto the 123 lot, just too far for me.

quote:
Originally posted by Admin

I agree with moving at least the 14th/18th/L'Enfant lines to the 123 lot. It makes sense to start using it. I drove throught it this morning and it really isn't that bad to get into/out of.

I would like to see if the Dale City Lot develops for the Pentagon/Rosslyn/CC lines. If these are not supported by the slugs/drivers we may have to look at moving these to 123 as well.

BobNoo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobNoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2011 at 10:24am
This morning at 715ish riders trickled to the Rosslyn and CC line that had about 4 cars. Last night at 430 in Rosslyn 2nd car in line was headed to Dale City. I've been successful 3 days this week from DCL without much grief.
Fall_Line View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fall_Line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2011 at 10:33am
I've had good success this week with the Dale City lot. Since I live off Cardinal this is by far the most convenient lot for me to drive to, so I really hope it succeeds. As a rider, I take the "just get me to a Metro" approach, so this week, I've gone to Pentagon, Crystal, and (my preference) Rosslyn (actually got to my desk in record time today).

Getting home via Rosslyn has been a little dicier. I made a sign but still get a lot of shaking heads. Fortunately for me, there have been long car lines at Rosslyn the last couple days, so I've been able to score rides from near the back of the line (once from a couple who only needed one rider, once when there was another Dale City Rider with me). There are a number of Rosslyn drivers still holding out for PM riders, it seems, but I have hope that behavior will change.
dcoryell View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dcoryell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2011 at 1:58pm
I've been driving this week and have been able to pick up Rosslyn riders from Dale City every morning (approx 6:45 am). In the afternoon I'm 1 for 3 in finding riders back to Dale City (I ask for Dale City or Horner)from Rosslyn. There's also been some confusion on which direction to line up cars in the morning at Dale City, hopefully that will straighten out.
ktzmom13 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ktzmom13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2011 at 2:10pm
It's all well and good if you go in at 6:30/7 am - but what about those of us who don't go to work until after 8 am because we need to get our kids to school first? What options are there? I used to go to PM as I could get rides or riders until 8:45 am. I live by Montclair, so 123/95 is a ridiculous option for me; if I'm going to drive 25 mins to get to the lot, I might as well drive all the way in by myself - because it's almost 9 am by then.
Cplace View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cplace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2011 at 2:23pm
I think the lines at least the Pentagon line needs to enter the way that is outlined on this site because otherwise that line interferes with folks dropping off riders at the bus and ends up clogging up that lane. I turn onto Gemini Way from Minnieville and going up to the correct entrance doesn't add but a few seconds. But I'm sure as more people start using the lot things will work their way out.
dalecityrider View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalecityrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2011 at 6:56pm
Successfully slugged to and from the Dale City lot to Crystal City today. Normally a Tackett's rider but thought I'd try Dale City, got there about 7:25 and 1 car was waiting and another came shortly after who said they normally always take the bus from there and were excited to see slug lines formed this week.

Coming back I had a number of cars turn me down (maybe 10) but then found one that wasn't sure where it was but said that would be fine, the passenger with us also lives in Dale City and wasn't aware of the slug lines there and had parked at Horner. Both said they'll be using the Dale City lot to drive/ride (respectively) starting next week.

Jenny
cksavage View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cksavage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2011 at 8:28pm
I've picked up Rosslyn riders at Dale City Commuter Lot in the AM and made it a point to let them know when I drop off in Rosslyn that I would be at the Tacketts/Horner/Potomac Mills pickup line in the afternoon between 4:15 and 4:30. Both days I was there ready to pick up and none showed, so after a wait, I took Potomac riders. I normally slug myself, but have been driving to get things going to and from DC Commuter lot. I think a lot of the AM riders are catching the bus home or Metro over to Pentagon. PM sluggers to DC Commuter lot, where are you?
JustALilSlug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustALilSlug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2011 at 8:51am
I have successfully slugged to and from Dale City/Rosslyn all week and plan to do so next week. There are still quite a few spaces left (1/2-1/3 of the lot) when I ride (between 7:20 and 7:40). Only takes about 5-7 minutes to get to the interstate. Not bad at all.

There are always cars waiting for Pentagon so sluggers please use Dale City if you can to slug in. Although its inconvenient for some, its convenient for others so lets keep this going!!!

A lot of the bus riders seem afraid to use the slug lines and look at us like we're crazy as they get on the bus but taking the bus is about an hour and a few minutes lot to door, slugging is about 35 mins lot to door.

Slugging back, use the PM/Horner lines from Pentagon/CC/Rosslyn. You WILL find someone who will take you back to Dale City. People want to get home just like we do. I lucked up yesterday and the day before and the first car that was there had a Dale City passenger already in the car.

Pentagon drop off is in the front of the lot by the bus stop, Rosslyn/CC line is in the 3rd row of the lot all the way to the right where the 3rd row turns a bit by the trees.

Rosslyn, L'Enfant & Pentagon Slugger
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12131415>
  Share Topic