Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NEW - Two Options for Potomac Mills Slugs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 15>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2011 at 10:16am
*****UPDATE TO THREAD ** Option #1 was Selected *****
1) 14th/18th/L'Enfant Street line - remains at Potomac Mills
2) Crystal City/Rosslyn lines - relocates to Dale City Commuter Lot
3) Pentagon Line - relocates to Dale City Commuter Lot

PLEASE HELP SPREAD THE WORD

VOLUNTEERS NEEDED TO HAD OUT FLYERS!!! Even if you spend 10 minutes handing this out it helps! You don't need to volunteer all day!

http://www.slug-lines.com/downloads/DaleCityFlyer.pdf

Brenfromva View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brenfromva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2011 at 10:21am
Just a quick question about Potomac Mills. . . will the slugline remain in the same place for the 14/18/L'Enfant line? Thank you for putting so much time and effort into this for all the sluggers and drivers!
Bob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2011 at 1:32pm
A couple of comments. I agree with option 1. However, my gut feeling is that the bus riders are going to take over Potomac Mills, basically killing it as a slug location since there will be inadequate parking even for one line. This is especially true since it seems that the bus riders get there so early. I hope that isn't the case.

Also, no one answered my question about paying a buck to hop on the PRTC bus to get to the Dale City lot from Potomac Mills. Can one still do this? Can one pay in cash or does one need a Smartrip card?
fed up View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fed up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2011 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by Admin

*****UPDATE TO THREAD ** Option #1 was Selected *****
1) 14th/18th/L'Enfant Street line - remains at Potomac Mills
2) Crystal City/Rosslyn lines - relocates to Dale City Commuter Lot
3) Pentagon Line - relocates to Dale City Commuter Lot

Admin,

Thank you very much for taking the lead in this. Everyone was looking for someone to provide the direction for Monday morning and this is what we needed. Not everyone is going to like the suggested moves, but until the dust settles, at least most people will know where they need to go. My concern is with the above suggested option is that the 275 spaces at Potomac Mills will be filled before 7:00 between the bus parking, car poolers and van poolers. What happens then? It would have been nice to address a line for downtown DC for those of us who don't start work until later.

Again, thank you so much for taking the lead on this.

tullylo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullylo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2011 at 3:58pm
quote:
Originally posted by Bob

A couple of comments. I agree with option 1. However, my gut feeling is that the bus riders are going to take over Potomac Mills, basically killing it as a slug location since there will be inadequate parking even for one line. This is especially true since it seems that the bus riders get there so early. I hope that isn't the case.

Also, no one answered my question about paying a buck to hop on the PRTC bus to get to the Dale City lot from Potomac Mills. Can one still do this? Can one pay in cash or does one need a Smartrip card?

Yes, you can take the Omni Ride commuter bus. You can pay cash or use your smartrip card. If you pay cash it's $1.20. If you use your smartripcard it's the normal commuter fare of $5.25. I always try to carry $1 bills and change so that I can save. I slug from 14th. Lots of times I'll catch a ride into Horner, beat the commuter bus on the highway, and then pick up the commuter bus for for $1.20 at Horner to where my car is (Dale City commuter lot as in your example).
Admin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2011 at 8:18pm
Fed Up,
You may be right in that the 275 might not even accomodate the 14th/18th/L'Enfant slugs.

If so, the next step will be to move that line to the 123 lot. Trying to move it to Dale City would just be too much for that lot.

I know 123 is not the best design, but it does put the 14th street slugs close to Old Hechingers which is good. Once Old Hechingers fills, then the line can shift to the 123 lot.
Admin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2011 at 8:21pm
Brenfromva,
To answer your question, I'm not sure, but it could move to an area within the 275 designated area. For now, I would suggest just leaving it where it currently is. There is going to be enough confusion tomorrow as it is without another change.

This is going to be painful tomorrow but hopefully, everybody will be understanding as we work through this.
soldierguardian View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soldierguardian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2011 at 10:00pm
This kind of puts a lot of drivers and riders who live around Rt 1 between Opitz and the Port Potomac/Eagles Point in a bad situation; 234 lot is not a viable option.
Danielle View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danielle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2011 at 10:25pm
If we decide to slug from the Dale City Lot to Pentagon.. will there be a p.m Dale City line at the pentagon to get back to our cars?
dalecityrider View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalecityrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2011 at 11:03pm
quote:
Originally posted by Danielle

If we decide to slug from the Dale City Lot to Pentagon.. will there be a p.m Dale City line at the pentagon to get back to our cars?

Theoretically there would be no line to "Pentagon" any longer from crystal city, rosslyn, nor Pentagon instead it would be to "Dale City" - or as a backup you could always slug to Horner and get on the bus, it looks like it takes about 20 min for the bus to get to that lot (which is about how long it takes in traffic it seems like anyway even if you are driving yourself). Though for those that don't live in that area it could be a bit out of their way,.. but perhaps others that normally go to Horner or Tackett's will begin slugging and picking up and driving back from there.

Jenny
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 15>
  Share Topic