Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NEW - Two Options for Potomac Mills Slugs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 15>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mseboni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2011 at 7:20am
Potomac Mills closing has effected Horner Road commuter lot greatly.
If drivers would pick up 3 people automatically that would help. We need one another. Show your brotherly love.
soldierguardian View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soldierguardian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2011 at 7:32am
The Pentagon line at Horner appears to be longer than what I remember the last few times I picked up slugs there...left my house (near Neabsco Rd) about ten minutes earlier than normal to make up for the extra 5-10 minutes to get to Horner rd. Uneventful, really, but let's see what is in store for tomorrow...

JustALilSlug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustALilSlug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2011 at 7:44am
I just used the Dale City lot to Rosslyn with great success. Sad that we got such short notice. I just found out about the Dale City lot being used as a slug lot this morning on the news. However, I'm pleased at the fact that I was able to park and hop in a car immediately. There are prtc workers out there to help out both drivers and sluggers. The signs for Rosslyn and Crystal City are a little confusing. They are 2 separate lines but the sign made it seen as one in which the prtc worker fixed I believe.

There were many cars for pentagon and crystal city waiting for sluggers. Sluggers I encourage you to utilize this lot if its feasible.
there were still ample parking even after I parked at 7:20a.

The test will be whether not I can get home in the pm without having to catch the bus.

Rosslyn, L'Enfant & Pentagon Slugger
Cplace View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cplace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2011 at 7:45am
Well I don't know if it's because I left early in lieu of the fact there weren't many spots at PM anymore but I picked up 2 bus riders at Dale City, no slugs were there yet. But I got there at 6:30 so I probably could have gone to Horner. I'm just worried slugs won't show up to Dale City and then have to go out to Horner when it's too late. If anyone went there and there were slugs can you post what time they were there? My one rider though did say she'd be happy if a slug line started there, it'd help her out a lot. Hopefully this plan picks up I had no issues going from Dale City lot to HOV possibly because the slug line hasn't picked up yet but all was good this morning at 6:30.
ClaudiaS View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClaudiaS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2011 at 8:04am
Every line at Horner road was very long today. Additionally there lot was full prior to 7 am, which probably means tomorrow the lot will be full by 6:30 - 6:45 am. There really needs to be an alternative best option for riders and sluggers who used Potomac Mills, a lot preferably close to Potomac Mills BUT NOT HORNER as Horner is already at capacity!
ClaudiaS View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClaudiaS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2011 at 8:20am
quote:
Originally posted by Admin

*****UPDATE TO THREAD ** Option #1 was Selected *****
1) 14th/18th/L'Enfant Street line - remains at Potomac Mills
2) Crystal City/Rosslyn lines - relocates to Dale City Commuter Lot
3) Pentagon Line - relocates to Dale City Commuter Lot

PLEASE HELP SPREAD THE WORD

VOLUNTEERS NEEDED TO HAD OUT FLYERS!!! Even if you spend 10 minutes handing this out it helps! You don't need to volunteer all day!

http://www.slug-lines.com/downloads/DaleCityFlyer.pdf

Admin,

Quick question. Why was the commuter lot on Gemini Way selected rather then the KMart lot? Your poll is indicating many more people prefer KMart and I believe there is one other lot that has many more votes then the Gemini Way location.

Thanks
annettedeleon View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote annettedeleon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2011 at 8:23am
I commute to 14th Street and having learned that this line was still in effect at Potomac Mills left my house at 6:30 am which is about 20 minutes earlier than I usually leave. I live 1.4 miles away and this is about a 3 - 4 minute drive on a slow day. The parking lot was full! I was told I could not park. I don't know where I would've parked if I were taking the bus. I had to drive home and ask my son to bring me to the Mall. We did that and there was a lot of confusion with the 14th Street line. Fortunately I did get a ride by a driver who was getting ready to leave the lot because he was told to go to a different location for 14th street. There were cars lined up in the Rosslyn/Crystal City line so it was all a bit confusing. I'll have my son take me tomorrow but if this doesn't clear up then I think the 275 parking spots is really going to those taking the bus, not for the 14th/18th Street line.

TIKslug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIKslug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2011 at 8:24am
Just some quick observations this morning:
Arrived at Potomac to pick ip slugs going to DC at roughly 6:15. My second rider said when he parked there were only 2 spots left.
Also there was still a line of slugs going to Rosslyn and crystal city.
pentagonslug74 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pentagonslug74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2011 at 8:25am
At 630 this mornging a majority of sluggers at the Dale City lot, who were present at the time took the PRTC. The line for the bus was extremely longer than normal. One person mentioned to me that they were waiting for rides for 30 mins and only two cars have come through. So like them I took the PRTC.

Also talked to a few people who used to pick up Potomac and they mentioned that the Dale City lot was out of the way or an inconvenience, and they that they would rather go to Horner. And as previously mentioned by 645(when I got there) Horner was at it's max capacity

I think the Dale City lot is a good option, but there are alot of riders out there that do not want to go out of there way to get there. I believe the same may hold true for the evening ride home.
tjam0499 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjam0499 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2011 at 8:56am
I have been reading this site for a couple years and with all of the changes going on I've decided to finally create an account. I think the proposed chages are great. I decided to go to 234 today and the line was too long. Given the fact that is is Monday I can only imagine how long the line will be during Tuesday-Thursday. By breaking the lines up there will be more space availbale at Potomac Mills. I slug to 14th street, but tomorrow im going to Dale City Commuter Lot because im sure Potomac Mills will be packed by 6:30. These chages are very frustrating, but if we all work together we can get thru them.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 15>
  Share Topic