Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dale City Lot

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JSB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2011 at 2:37pm
Yes, it will be a problem in the beginning. If you can find a second slug for Dale City in the PM line, it becomes easier as some driver in the line would want to go home early...

Slugs, if you have choice, please try and promote Dale City lot. You don't have to leave at 6:00am in the morning to park at Horner. Dale City lot is good at least until 7:30am
tar View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2011 at 7:58am
Frustrated at Dale City.
I get to the Dale City lot between 6-6:30am. I think I have gotten (1) ride in this time frame since February 14. I have been giving up and catching the bus. Are there no drivers going to the Pentagon this early from the Dale City lot? I see from other posts that if you get there after 7am there's plenty of drivers, but what about us early folks?
JSB View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JSB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2011 at 11:21am
Most 6:00a-6:30a slugs/drivers head to Horner. I have seen drivers at Dale City between 7:00am and 7:30am waiting for riders, as by those times Horner is filled and there are no slugs there.
JSB View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JSB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2011 at 8:40am
How are Dale City users finding this location for AM and PM slugging. Many, like me, are not sure of PM return. It is very hard to find in the PM for Dale City, though it is good in the AM. For fully utilizing this and new parking location at the Baptist Chuch, reasonably definitive slugging options are needed.
JustALilSlug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustALilSlug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2011 at 1:47pm
I ALWAYS slug back to DCCL from Rosslyn because I KNOW that I can get a ride back from there. I dont know about CC and Pentagon, but in the evenings, no matter where I have to work at that day (Rosslyn or DC) Rosslyn hasnt failed me yet.

I do have to go to about 7-10 cars sometimes before someone says that they'll go there. Every car that I go to, I make it a point to mention that I'm going to Dale City because sometimes someone will say that they will drop me off. But the longest I've ever waited was about 5 minutes to get a ride back to DCCL.

How is it at CC and Pentagon?

Rosslyn, L'Enfant & Pentagon Slugger
JSB View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JSB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2011 at 1:57pm
JustALilSlug, how do you find second partner for DCCL? At Pentagon I have noticed people waiting first to find a second rider and then someone willing to go DCCL. What time at Rosslyn is it good for ride back to DCCL?
JustALilSlug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustALilSlug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2011 at 9:32pm
Sometimes I do not have a second DCCL partner. I never thought of waiting for a second rider (thanks for the idea). Most of the time a driver will pick me up for DCCL and take another rider who's going to PM or Horner. But there have been a few times where I was the first DCCL rider and the driver was willing to wait for another DCCL rider (the longest we waited was about 5 minutes).

Tthere have been a few times where, while going down the line, I ran into another rider.

I've gotten to the slug line anywhere between 4pm and 535pm. But I typically get there around 5pm

Rosslyn, L'Enfant & Pentagon Slugger
Rossylnslugger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rossylnslugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2011 at 11:37am
I have been slugging in and out of DCCL for the last 3 weeks now. I have not had trouble finding a ride to Rossyln. Coming back, I have to ask several cars before getting a ride.

My only problem with DCCL is the lighting, the lot needs more lights. Who can I go to express my concern?

I would like to see this lot becoming as one of the regular lots like Horner and Tackett.
Evergreen View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evergreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2011 at 8:57pm
I'm glad someone else has taken notice to the poor lighting at the Dale City Commuter Lot. I've complained, to no avail, to Supervisor Frank Principi (telephone 703/792-4646). He was also advised about this problem during the first town hall meeting when Potomac Mills was reducing parking space. If you care about preventing vandalism, and leave well before sunrise and/or arrive back at the lot past dark, you have every right to be concerned about the lighting in this lot.
slcunningham07 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slcunningham07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2011 at 9:25am
I slug in the PM from Rosslyn to the Dale City lot and while I've always gotten a ride, sometimes I'm waiting for 15 minutes or longer. Every now and then someone will already be in the line looking for Dale City slugs. Most drivers say no when we say Dale City. I get there between 4:45p and 5p. Sometimes it's just me at first and sometimes there's a line of about 4 or 5 of us. A couple of times I've gotten a ride with someone that will go to two locations.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic