Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dale City Lot

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csanyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dale City Lot
    Posted: 11 Feb 2011 at 1:21pm
For what it's worth, my 3-person carpool has been parking at Potomac Mills becasue we like the option to pick up slugs or slug back if someone is out. We plan to park at Dale City and I'd like the option to pick up slugs to Pentagon or Rosslyn if needed. The 123 lot is just too inconvenient for any of us because of the bad traffic on 95 and Old Bridge to get back into the Montclair area.

Chris
Admin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2011 at 7:52am
Chris,
Thanks for the input. It appears as though the Dale City lot is the best option. Not perfect, but the best we have at the moment.

I like your comments about being a carpool but using the slug lines too. Some people prefer traditional carpools but what if one of the three is sick,on vaction, etc. Slugs solves that problem!
ckenyattas2011 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ckenyattas2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2011 at 9:40am
This week a lot of people got their cars towed away in Prince William Square and Dale City Kmart parking lot which I was told yesterday. People were getting off from work looking for their cars not knowing that their cars were being towed for illegal parking. Today I parked my car at the Dale City Lot. It was not crowded, everything was organized and it was closer to home. In fact, I even went and got a cup of coffee at Giant. Only the Pentagon,20th street, State Department slug line was there. For now on I will start parking my car at the Dale City Lot so I will not get my car towed for unknown crazy reasons. Hopefully you all do the same. I recommend the Dale City Lot. [8D][^]

C.K.
pugmom3 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pugmom3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2011 at 12:22pm
hi. I agree. The Dale City lot is perfect. I am there bright and early and it is 3/4 way empty. I wish more drivers would come to this lot. I just don't know how this can be accomplished. Somehow we need to get the word out...I am going to continue to park at the lot.[:)]
ktzmom13 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ktzmom13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2011 at 2:13pm
I don't go in until nearly 8:30 a.m. - are there cars/slugs at the Dale City lot then? I work on 18th Street - but would slug into Rosslyn & take Metro then take bus home at night. I have to get my kids to school first.
pcr29 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pcr29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2011 at 3:17pm
I am a slug who has been forced to drive now Tuesday through Thursday due to the popularity at Tacketts lot, this week by 7:45 on those days was a nightmare at Tacketts, I guess is true the goverment really take off on Monday & Friday,
to go to the Dale city lot in the pm you guys take the parkway or take dale blvd? which exit works better?
JustALilSlug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustALilSlug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2011 at 5:10pm
Drivers normally take Dale Blvd. Most just take the 2nd split after the 1st dale Blvd exit ramp to go past Wachovia and popeyes. But I have had a driver go towards potomac mills and make a left on gideon then a right on Dale Blvd to avoid the off ramp traffic jam.

Rosslyn, L'Enfant & Pentagon Slugger
Monkey View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2011 at 9:56am
Bump.

How were the Dale City lines this week? Are there still a lot of people wanting to pick up for Pot. Mills only in the evening? Getting better or worse?
HCM View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HCM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2011 at 8:18pm
Dale City lot this a.m. could have definitely used more riders (especially for CC), seems like lots of folks are willing to pick up there (I'm both a rider and occasional driver).

I personally have found the Dale City lot is the best option for me now that PM's been scaled back.
cksavage View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cksavage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2011 at 9:36am
So far, over the past two weeks, I have failed to find riders to Rosslyn only one day - Tuesday, 22 Feb after a reasonably long wait. I get there around 6:30 AM. The first week, I could find no riders back to DC Commuter Lot, but this week, I've picked up both days in the 4:15 - 4:30 PM time frame. Hopefully, we're getting some momentum going.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic