Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Taken Our Lots Back

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
soldierguardian View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soldierguardian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2011 at 7:40am
I don't believe that it would be enforcible or practical. A more practical idea is for the state legislature to pass a law exempting active duty military personnel from the HOV restriction, while in uniform (similar law is on the books for the VA Beach area HOV lanes). That would free up some parking spaces at the commuter lots.

quote:
Originally posted by lbeck63

We need to take our LOTS back from the NON-Prince William residents using the Lots. Its come to my understanding that Rooute 234 and Dumfries other lots are mainly filling up with residents from Stafford, Fredricksburg and Organge Counties folks. Info from PRTC Bus Drivers. They can get there before PW residents because they leaving earlier to get up here, which means at 6:00am in the morning our lots are already full. Hello All Wake UP. I would like to suggest we put pressure of the PW officials to make it to where only PW Residnets can park in our commouter lots. Perhaps we can purchase a sticker that indicates "Slug-Parking Only" once a year. The county would generate additional income. Anyone on aboard with me on this.

fed up View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fed up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2011 at 4:25pm
These lots are owned by the State not the County, so the County cannot enforce parking for county residents only.
lbeck63 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lbeck63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2011 at 12:54pm
We need to take our LOTS back from the NON-Prince William residents using the Lots. Its come to my understanding that Rooute 234 and Dumfries other lots are mainly filling up with residents from Stafford, Fredricksburg and Organge Counties folks. Info from PRTC Bus Drivers. They can get there before PW residents because they leaving earlier to get up here, which means at 6:00am in the morning our lots are already full. Hello All Wake UP. I would like to suggest we put pressure of the PW officials to make it to where only PW Residnets can park in our commouter lots. Perhaps we can purchase a sticker that indicates "Slug-Parking Only" once a year. The county would generate additional income. Anyone on aboard with me on this.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic