Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Commuter Lot at First Baptist Church!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustALilSlug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2011 at 9:47am
I too want to get to L'Enfant or Metro Center (via slugging) occasionally but I normally dont get to any lot until between 730-800 and by that time, all of the lots going to DC are full, so I end up slugging from DCCL to Pentagon (for L'Enfant) or Rosslyn (for Metro Center - less time and transfers) then catching the metro from those locations.

We really need to get this lot going. We got extra parking, now we need to utilize it. I know its a scramble right now as we have all of these new lots emerging with very little warnings and hardly any plans, but if we take action and get things going, it will make for a faster transition. The results of slugging is up to us (the commuters).

Who is willing to slug from there if there is a DC line added? Who is willing to pick up from DC (15th and/or preferably L'Enfant since Horner is the only Woodbridge/Dale City pickup at the moment) to take commuters back to this lot?

I know that there's a Rosslyn bus that goes there so worst case, sluggers can either go to Rosslyn and catch the bus (I know its a PITA until this lot gets going) or slug/bus to Horner and catch the bus to the church lot.

Rosslyn sluggers - Would it be more feasible to make the church just a Rosslyn or a Rosslyn/CC lot and the DCCL lot a DC/Pentagon or DC/Pentagon/CC lot? I wouldnt mind that being that I mostly ride to Rosslyn.

I'm trying to exhaust all options possible. We have to start somewhere to get anywhere.

Rosslyn, L'Enfant & Pentagon Slugger
Tufnwd View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tufnwd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2011 at 12:13pm
From my understanding, Gemini Way is not being under utilized. It just appears this way because folks are parking where they shouldn't. It's just a matter of time before COMCAST reclaims their parking spaces. Then what?! [:D]

fed up View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fed up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2011 at 12:47pm
I pick up riders from Gemini Way right now and find that this lot is very under utilized. I don't understand what you mean by Comcast relcaiming their parking space. None of this lot should belong to Comcast as its intention is for commuters. I would assume they just started parking their vehicles there because space was available.

quote:
Originally posted by Tufnwd

From my understanding, Gemini Way is not being under utilized. It just appears this way because folks are parking where they shouldn't. It's just a matter of time before COMCAST reclaims their parking spaces. Then what?! [:D]

ktzmom13 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ktzmom13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2011 at 3:23pm
I went to this new lot at 8:30 am this morning, hoping to get riders to 18th Street ... only 7-8 cars were parked there and no riders! Went by PM - there were 2 cars waiting already and a couple of riders were getting into those cars as I pulled up. Said to heck with it ... I drove in by myself and made it to work just in time (9:30 am).

Does anyone plan to use the church lot? Does anyone go to work after 8:30 a.m.?
neecy View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2011 at 4:53pm
I initially thought I would use the church lot to slug but after looking at the Roslyn/Ballston bus schedule, I changed my mind. That Roslyn bus only run 4 times in the PM and not very frequent (every 45-50 mins)if you miss a bus by 5 minutes another does not arrive for 45 minutes. At least the Dale City bus runs every 10-15 minutes.
I would like to see a slug line to DC be started at Dale City commuter lot because of the bus service there. I see more folks are asking for a DC slug to be at DCCL, so why hasn't it been established?? It has been a month since we lost P.Mills.

NSiler
ktzmom13 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ktzmom13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2011 at 5:36pm
I would be more than happy to pick up or slug from Dale City commuter lot - if I knew people were waiting for rides to DC at 8:30 am. PM was great for later pick ups!
ShellyBee View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShellyBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2011 at 6:09pm
I live in Lakeridge and need to get to DC - China Town. Currently, I slug from Hecingers or if I'm running late, the 123 lot. I often slug to 18th and catch the red line to Gallery Place, then walk to 14th at Commerce Dept. to slug home or catch the bus from 15th and New York. Here's my issue with the new Church lot: The PRTC bus schedule provides for 4 bus runs (I think) to this stop - oh boy! That leave me with very few options. PRTC needs to add more bus runs to this lot AND it needs to add stops for the Dale City bus - then you'll get a lot more folks who are willing to ride/slug from this lot. Without a back up ride home, this lot is doomed for failure.

Let's work on improving the bus schedule to this lot, then you'll get more people willing to use it.

Why not start a slug line to L'Enfant or closer to Metro Center or Gallery Place for all those folks that work east of 14th Street?
ShellyBee View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShellyBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2011 at 6:19pm
Just went to the PRTC for any "updates" (wishing for new bus routes to the new church lot) and noticed that there is another commuter town hall scheduled for 3/23. Here is the notice:

COMMUTER TOWN HALL ON 3/23
Posted 03/15/2011

The public is invited to attend a commuter parking town hall meeting on Wednesday, March 23 at 7 p.m. in the auditorium of the A.J. Ferlazzo Building. The meeting will be hosted by Prince William County Supervisors Mike May, Frank Principi and John Jenkins.

This is the second town hall meeting focusing on commuter parking since Potomac Mills Mall announced that its expansion plans would limit the number of commuter parking spaces available at that location. During the March 23 meeting, discussion will focus on the recently-opened commuter spaces at First Baptist Church in Woodbridge and other changes to commuting patterns that are taking place in eastern Prince William.
shorty5646 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorty5646 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2011 at 11:02am
I have to be at L'Enfant Plaza by 9am and would LOVE to see a slug line for other later slugs like me going directly there and back. I don't care if it's the FB Church lot or Dale City lot, either one will work for me.

It's getting more and more difficult to get parking at Tackett's (currently having to get there by 7:30am for a space) and I'd LOVE to have a direct route back and forth without stopping at the Pentagon. I know there is a need an interest for later DC lines from Woodbridge, we all just need to get one started!
neecy View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2011 at 5:00pm
Replying to ADMIN March 14th post. Can we just go ahead and start a slug for 14th/18th/L'Enfant at Dale City Commuter lot. We need a new DC lot because Potomac Mills is just not feasible any more (although I still use PM by catching the bus for 10 min and get off at PM), but Dale City would be more convenient for me and others who are asking for a new DC slug lot other than Old Hechingers. You are correct the First Baptist Church will not work for DC slugs because the bus schedule is terrible. That Roslyn bus only runs 4 times in the AM and PM and the time between buses is horrible every 45-50 minutes. Please put out the notice that we want to start a DC slug the sooner the better. Thanks.

NSiler
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
  Share Topic