Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Unbelievable

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suchaladie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2003 at 12:39pm
I have slugged a few times in my life I now drive my self and I must say after hearing what every one has had to say about courtesy and manners. I'm sorry that some people feel that we should just except that people don’t all ways do the right thing or behave in the right manner.[V] I could and would expect that from a person who may have been educated in another country or have a different back ground but as my daughter once said to me as we watched grown adults cut in line at an exit.[:(] She said mommy did these people not go to school? I said why you ask me that honey she said they could not have gone to school because in school they teach us to wait our turn in line and not to cut in -front of other people. Did they not teach that to them? What was I to answer[?] That grown adult don't have to follow the very rules that we teach our children. So I say to you what I said to her, don't you have that one person in class that does not follow the rules? She said yes.... I said that is the same child that grows up and still never follows the rules.[:0] Then my daughter said do the continue to get in trouble and my answer to her was yes they do[:)] until other people start making excuse then that lets them off the hook.[:(]
Maylo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maylo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2003 at 12:47pm
I believe you missed the point. As an adult in many situations, such as the slugging system, you CANNOT control the behavior of others. The point is that anger will only hurt you. When you are an adult, what is it that you propose to do? Tell people there will be no recess if they don't act the way YOU want them to?

quote:
Originally posted by suchaladie
[br]I have slugged a few times in my life I now drive my self and I must say after hearing what every one has had to say about courtesy and managers. I'm sorry that some people feel that we should just except that people don’t all ways do the right thing or behave in the right manner. I could and would expect that from a person who may have been educated in another country or have a different back ground but as my daughter once said to me as we watched grown adults cut in line at an exit. She said mommy did these people not go to school? I said why you ask me that honey she said they could not have gone to school because in school they teach us to wait our turn in line and not to cut in -front of other people. Did they not teach that to them what was I to answer that grown adult don't have to follow the very rules that we teach our children. So I say to you what I said to her, don't you have that one person in class that does not follow the rules. She said yes.... I said that is the same child that grows up and still never follows the rules. Then my daughter said do the continue to get in trouble and my answer to her was yes they do until other people start making excuse then that lets them off the hook.

suchaladie View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suchaladie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2003 at 1:09pm
No I’m just saying that as people do things and other people say that it’s ok. If we do that then what type of example are we setting for our children? Etiquette is something you teach. In this case you don’t say if you don’t have manners then no recess, you just simple call it what it is poor manners and not make excuses for it. Period!
gsm View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2003 at 1:41pm
With respect, you are still missing the point, but no matter.

quote:
[br]No I’m just saying that as people do things and other people say that it’s ok. If we do that then what type of example are we setting for our children? Etiquette is something you teach. In this case you don’t say if you don’t have manners then no recess, you just simple call it what it is poor manners and not make excuses for it. Period!

Kelsey View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelsey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2003 at 1:47pm
How does this relate to the context of this string? I also believe you missed the point. Nothing you said is wrong. It is just not germaine to the context of the discussion. Perhaps you can find another website to address your matter.

quote:
[br]I have slugged a few times in my life I now drive my self and I must say after hearing what every one has had to say about courtesy and manners. I'm sorry that some people feel that we should just except that people don’t all ways do the right thing or behave in the right manner.[V] I could and would expect that from a person who may have been educated in another country or have a different back ground but as my daughter once said to me as we watched grown adults cut in line at an exit.[:(] She said mommy did these people not go to school? I said why you ask me that honey she said they could not have gone to school because in school they teach us to wait our turn in line and not to cut in -front of other people. Did they not teach that to them? What was I to answer[?] That grown adult don't have to follow the very rules that we teach our children. So I say to you what I said to her, don't you have that one person in class that does not follow the rules? She said yes.... I said that is the same child that grows up and still never follows the rules.[:0] Then my daughter said do the continue to get in trouble and my answer to her was yes they do[:)] until other people start making excuse then that lets them off the hook.[:(]

suchaladie View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suchaladie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2003 at 2:29pm
Simple put after reading all the comments I made my own! What I read is that a person had an experience resulting for poor manners. After reading the excuses made for the behavior of this individual I simple gave my opinion and my point of view.
tdar20 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdar20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2003 at 8:45am
SUCHALADIE: I go back to my origional point that saying this is a case of bad manners may be true, however you can condem the person until you know why he left when he did. Many points were brought out by other peopel saying they would not have stayed also.
mroyal View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mroyal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2003 at 10:55am
Perhaps I can help. Here is a bunch of commas that you may use at no cost. Use them anywhere in a sentence, where a pause helps your expression of ideas. Please let me know if you run out and we will restock.

Kindest Regards,

mroyal
tlschau View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tlschau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2003 at 11:14am

quote:
Originally posted by mroyal
[br]Perhaps I can help. Here is a bunch of commas that you may use at no cost. Use them anywhere in a sentence, where a pause helps your expression of ideas. Please let me know if you run out and we will restock.

Kindest Regards,

mroyal

Real mature! But you may want to trade in some of those extra commas you have for some politeness and class because it sounds like you could use some.
mroyal View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mroyal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2003 at 12:20pm
quote:
Originally posted by tlschau
[br]

quote:
Originally posted by mroyal
[br]Perhaps I can help. Here is a bunch of commas that you may use at no cost. Use them anywhere in a sentence, where a pause helps your expression of ideas. Please let me know if you run out and we will restock.

Kindest Regards,

mroyal

Real mature! But you may want to trade in some of those extra commas you have for some politeness and class because it sounds like you could use some.

If you are correct, I'm afraid I'll have to obtain them from some other source.

Kindest Regards,

mroyal
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic