Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NEW Rosslyn->Springfield Slugline!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2008 at 5:38pm
SPVA08,

[:)] Check the info at this link:

http://www.slug-lines.com/PM_lines/Ballston.asp

The Ballston slug line may have died.
JeBr View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeBr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2008 at 9:25pm
I will be picking up riders from the Rosslyn (Kent St) location around 5PM. can someone please tell me if this location is still successful? I hope to not have to wait too long when people riders up, but being a first time user of slugging/driving I'm not sure what to expect. Thank you!
Jeffrey Bell View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeffrey Bell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2009 at 9:49am
Looking for 1-2 people departing from Burke-Springfield approx 6:45 am and going to Rosslyn; departing Rosslyn at 4:30 pm.

We have free parking in Rosslyn and will always be the daily driver.

If interested, please contact me.
SlugasaBug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlugasaBug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2009 at 1:43pm
I work in GT and can walk over to Rosslyn (approx 10-15min) to arrive there b/t 4:40 - 4:45pm going to Bob's (Springfield Plaza)...
got2get2work View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote got2get2work Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2009 at 10:00am
hello everyone!
I am new to slugging. So, I live in Springfield and work in Rosslyn. My hours are 8:30am to 5:30pm. So I was wondering if there are any drivers that follow this route: Sydenstricker Commuter Lot to Rosslyn metro station or Kent st; leaving Springfield around 7:30-ish and then leaving Rosslyn at 5:35-ish. Fingers crossed...

sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2009 at 12:33pm
got2get2work,
You shouldn't have a problem getting from Sydenstricker to Rosslyn. The only potential problem will be if you are planning to park in the Sydensticker lot because the parking spots are full or almost full by 7:30 each morning. If you could start 15 to 30 minutes earlier it will be even easier for you. [:)]
got2get2work View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote got2get2work Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2009 at 1:44pm
Hello everyone,
Ok so my co-worker and I have started slugging, which is great...but now we have run into a problem. We get off of work at 5:30pm, but by that time everything seems to die out and no more drivers come around. So I was wondering if there is anyone who leaves the area around that time? We get out at the same time every evening and work 5 days a week. Fingers crossed...
julpee View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julpee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2009 at 10:21am
Is this line still open? I just started working in Rosslyn and would be a driver leaving around 3:45-4:15.

Do most people still want to go to Rolling Valley? And is HOV 3?

Julie
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2009 at 12:36pm
My most recent use of this line was about 6 months ago. It was working then with a few riders, and it seemed like most of the riders showed up between 4:30 and 5:15 PM. The Pentagon was a better option to find riders for Springfield/Burke before 4:30. [:)]
peterh View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peterh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2010 at 12:11pm
Hi, I have not seen many posts on this msg board for 2010. On the main website, it says that the Rosslyn line on Kent is "new". I'm assuming it's pretty much worked out now. Is this the case? I'm driving and would drop off at Sydenstricker or Huntsman. Would like to give it a test run today around 3:30P
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic