Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A Thief among Us!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Lam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2003 at 11:47pm
No, I'm not blaming the victim .. just saying that if she was more cautious she would have not been a victim. You can never be too sure of what or who you will pick up these days. Better safe then sorry :(
mirangus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mirangus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2003 at 10:34am
I could see that to a point. Say I left my purse at a store in the mall and it got ripped off. That is completely my fault because I was irresponsible and left it somewhere it shouldn't have been. But to be ripped off in somewhere that is supposed to be one of your most comfortable environments is shocking and tragic and thoroughly unexpected. I know I have been known to put my stuff in the back seat (before these recent posts) and would be completely taken aback by the theft of any of my property. I have a tendency to give people the benefit of the doubt until I see or hear differently. What a shame to even be having this discussion. [:(]
C. Lam View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Lam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2003 at 7:29pm
Just a fact of life. Generally speaking I think 99% of the people are good souls .. it's that other 1% that you have to watch out for.
Koolbus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koolbus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2003 at 5:21pm
DOn't leave your purse out. Sure it's your car, but the bus driver don't leave his wallet on the back seat, do he?

Take a ride on the Kool Bus.
Mrs.KLB View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs.KLB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2003 at 4:48pm
All she remembers is that the person in the back was a black female in late 30's early 40's. I pick up from that location myself and I have been spreading the word, more then likely she has changed her location. But just spread the word![:)]

quote:
Originally posted by viper
[br]Mrs. KLB,
Did your co-worker report this to the police?[?] Can you provide a more complete description?
Thanks,
Viper

Mrs. B
Explore64 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Explore64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2003 at 1:09pm
quote:
Originally posted by Mrs.KLB
[br][}:)] One of my co-worker picked up two ladies at 14th & NY between 5 & 5:15 about one week ago, on a Friday afternoon,they proceeded to Horner Road, the ladies got out.When she got home she went to get something out of her purse and noticed that her wallet was wide open and that several of her credit cards where missing, she immediately called to try and have a stop put on her cards. The person had charged several hundred dollars at Walmart, and various other store, oh and stopped to gas up while she was on her heist. I now keep my purse in the trunk of my car, it is a shame that you have to have your things on look down in your own vehicle, every one please beware. My co-worker said that she remembers the woman being a black female, well dressed, late 30's early 40's.

Mrs. B

[B)]That is so sad, you try and do the right thing for people and this is how they repay you, I hope they get caught.
gregory View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gregory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2003 at 8:17am
This is a shame and I think it’s sad that you do someone a favor and this is how you get repaid. I agree however, that it is just as much the drivers fault for leaving her purse out. This is no different than leaving your purse at the store, restaurant or out in the open at your cubical. How many times have you heard of valuables being taken from someone’s desk? If you put your hand in the fire, you will get burnt. ALL – Please put your valuables in the trunk or out of site. If you are asking someone to share your ride to allow you to take HOV, please have the additional courtesy of having at least two or three seats empty and available for them to sit in so they are not the ones moving your items out of the way in order to sit. We are all doing each other a favor. We should watch out for each other.
Rrohitbomb18 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rrohitbomb18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2003 at 10:34pm
quote:
Originally posted by Mrs.KLB
[br][}:)] One of my co-worker picked up two ladies at 14th & NY between 5 & 5:15 about one week ago, on a Friday afternoon,they proceeded to Horner Road, the ladies got out.When she got home she went to get something out of her purse and noticed that her wallet was wide open and that several of her credit cards where missing, she immediately called to try and have a stop put on her cards. The person had charged several hundred dollars at Walmart, and various other store, oh and stopped to gas up while she was on her heist. I now keep my purse in the trunk of my car, it is a shame that you have to have your things on look down in your own vehicle, every one please beware. My co-worker said that she remembers the woman being a black female, well dressed, late 30's early 40's.

Mrs. B

ohhhh
Gomez View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gomez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2003 at 7:11am
quote:
Originally posted by gregory
[br]I agree however, that it is just as much the drivers fault for leaving her purse out. This is no different than leaving your purse at the store, restaurant or out in the open at your cubical. How many times have you heard of valuables being taken from someone’s desk? If you put your hand in the fire, you will get burnt

WHAT?! Are you completely mad? How is it the VICTIM's fault? I agree that one should be prudent and not make such opportunities available to potential thieves, but that in NO WAY shifts responsibility for the crime away from the THIEF!

It is NOT "the driver's fault". No way, no how! PERIOD!
MarieA View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarieA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2004 at 8:34am
Okay, I'm a driver myself, and I find a question, okay, where to put my purse. I never really thought about someone stealing anything. It's cold out, we are all wearing warm winter jackets, sorry, purse wont' fit next to me in my seat. If I put it in the trunk then my license, etc will be there too. So, what to do... I can say this much, I will be putting mine in the trunk, and hey, if there is an accident, or some other reason I need it, please be patient while I get out of the car and get it out of my trunk. And, once it is warm again, it will be back to its spot sitting next to me in the driver's seat.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic