Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A Thief among Us!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs.KLB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Thief among Us!!!!
    Posted: 20 Oct 2003 at 9:00am
[}:)] One of my co-worker picked up two ladies at 14th & NY between 5 & 5:15 about one week ago, on a Friday afternoon,they proceeded to Horner Road, the ladies got out.When she got home she went to get something out of her purse and noticed that her wallet was wide open and that several of her credit cards where missing, she immediately called to try and have a stop put on her cards. The person had charged several hundred dollars at Walmart, and various other store, oh and stopped to gas up while she was on her heist. I now keep my purse in the trunk of my car, it is a shame that you have to have your things on look down in your own vehicle, every one please beware. My co-worker said that she remembers the woman being a black female, well dressed, late 30's early 40's.

Mrs. B
JiggaJynx View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JiggaJynx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2003 at 9:18am
quote:
Originally posted by Mrs.KLB
[br][}:)] One of my co-worker picked up two ladies at 14th & NY between 5 & 5:15 about one week ago, on a Friday afternoon,they proceeded to Horner Road, the ladies got out.When she got home she went to get something out of her purse and noticed that her wallet was wide open and that several of her credit cards where missing....

That IS a shame! Ever since the posting about the wallet theft at Tackett's, I have kept my purse next to me with the seatbelt looped through the strap, or have put it in the trunk. I hope your co-worker called the police and is prepared to press charges if an arrest is made.
vabigblue View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vabigblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2003 at 10:41am
That's too bad. I mean we all are doing each other favors, then someone comes along with a degenerate attitude and makes it bad for sluggers and drivers alike. Try to remember to safeguard your belongings either belted to your side or in the trunk. I will certainly be on the look out for the described culprit.
earlyriser View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote earlyriser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2003 at 4:17pm
On days when I'm the driver I always stash my personal belongings in the trunk before leaving the house. When I'm a rider it makes me uncomfortable to ride in someone's back seat and have their purse or bag at my feet, many times open. It's just not smart to tempt people. Maybe people with minivans can put their personal bags behind the last seat in back where no one will see them. Better safe than sorry.

earlyriser
VA_Slugger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VA_Slugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2003 at 3:48am
These individuals will surely get what they deserve. Maybe not today or tomorrow, but they truley will get theirs.

Waiting patiently...
tlschau View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tlschau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2003 at 10:44am
quote:
Originally posted by earlyriser
[br]On days when I'm the driver I always stash my personal belongings in the trunk before leaving the house. When I'm a rider it makes me uncomfortable to ride in someone's back seat and have their purse or bag at my feet, many times open. It's just not smart to tempt people. Maybe people with minivans can put their personal bags behind the last seat in back where no one will see them. Better safe than sorry.

earlyriser

I agree, I cannot count how many times I'll be riding in the back seat and look over to see a purse, or other bag, just laying there wide open. It's a shame that people can't be trusted, but that, unfortunately, is the world we live in. So to all the drivers out there, if it's of value, lock it up.
viper View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2003 at 12:13pm
Mrs. KLB,
Did your co-worker report this to the police?[?] Can you provide a more complete description?
Thanks,
Viper
GeeseAreGood View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeeseAreGood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2003 at 1:24pm
Nazi administrator deleted my username, now I am n/a, but it would not let me sign in under that. This is war.
C. Lam View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Lam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2003 at 5:21pm
n/a I disagree.
Of course it is the driver's fault that something was stolen.
That person should have kept better guard of her private possesions.
mirangus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mirangus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2003 at 7:09am
So the victim is to blame?? Wow...isn't that rich...

quote:
Originally posted by C. Lam
[br]n/a I disagree.
Of course it is the driver's fault that something was stolen.
That person should have kept better guard of her private possesions.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic