Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Prince William police breaking up Slugline

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Admin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Prince William police breaking up Slugline
    Posted: 22 Apr 2004 at 1:58pm
Thanks for the info. I didn't see the story on TV but I did visit the website which must have a shorter version.

Here is the link to the Washington Post article that came out today:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A32435-2004Apr21.html

vabigblue View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vabigblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2004 at 10:13am
Great posts to all responsible for this change. I have followed this from the onset and without the collective contributions, this definitely would not have gone as smoothly. As Bob says, "we're a force to be reckoned with". Kudos to you all!
Bob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2004 at 8:47am
Admin,

I did actually see your interview on Channel 9 news last night! (10 seconds) It was great, and I was yelling to my family to come downstairs and see the story. So you weren't on the cutting room floor! You know, it is great to get this kind of coverage because it establishes us as a "force to be reckoned with" when people are deciding on things that affect us.

Bob
Admin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2004 at 6:33am
I have started a new thread regarding Horner Road and the impact to the changes.

Please go to Morning Slug lines under the topic " How is the Horner Road Split Working?"
or
http://www.slug-lines.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1222

Thanks.
Admin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2004 at 6:31am
Bob,
Thanks for the link. I saw the camera crew at the lot and even spoke to Jan on camera (guess I ended up on the cutting room floor). She did a nice job. It was a little confusing with the change but that can be expected. She really went out of her way directing slugs and drivers to the right spots!
Bob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2004 at 12:54pm
Channel 9 news had a reporter at the Horner line this morning and they have a nice video on their website. Reporter Jan Fox described what was happening and interviewed several slugs

Bob

http://www.wusatv9.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=28661
bocagrant View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bocagrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2004 at 11:19am
First, to Admin: Thanks for all the hard work!
I'm sure some bumps were anticipated for the first day, and there were a few. 14th, L'Enfant, WNY drivers please circle Aaaaaaallll the way to the farthest SE lane to pick up. Just driving to the next-to-last lane and heading straight for the stop sign may work in the very early morning, but gets too jammed up with just a few cars. Going to the last lane will keep that other lane open for what it is intended: 2-way traffic. Poor Jan Fox (from channel 9) was almost run over trying to cross this morning!

Slug safely!
Admin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2004 at 9:29am
Horner Road Lines Split! - Effective Wednesday, April 21st, the slug lines in the new section of the Horner Road commuter lot will split into two (2) separate lines. There were a number of great suggestions but Option 2A seem to have the most support as long as the Navy Yard and L'Enfant lines were kept together. Below is a flyer/map of how the slug lines will be split. Please reproduce and distribute as much as possible!

Please print and distribute:
Powerpoint Version:
http://www.slug-lines.com/am_lines/horner_options_final.ppt

Acrobat version:
http://www.slug-lines.com/am_lines/horner_options_final.pdf

VDOT has helped by placing electronic signs at the lot to help notify drivers and direct traffic!

Over 3700 people viewed the suggestions and some 100 replies were made on the MESSAGE BOARD (click to view). Sincere thanks to everyone who made suggestions. Many slugs/drivers had some great ideas. I really tried to get everyone's suggestions posted on the website.

Admin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2004 at 8:02am
Tmuk,
I agree with you on keeping Navy Yard and L'Enfant together. I think everybody is in favor of keeping them together.

VDOT has already erected two electronic signs at Horner to notify drivers and slugs of the split. These are huge signs (10'x10') on either side of the road so hopefully this will get everyone's attention. I believe the PWC police may assist in directing traffic.

Also, I intend to send out an email to the 2000+ slugs who are on the mailing list.

Of course, I know that a lot of people will be taken by surprise because they do not visit the website. Hopefully this will be an easy transition.
tmuk View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tmuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2004 at 1:45pm
Under no circumstances should the Navy Yard and L'Enfant lines be separated. A lot of people have already said this, but I just wanted to chime in with the chorous.

Before the Pentagon line split, signs had been up for over a week announcing the upcoming split so that most people were be prepared for it. I think we are inviting a lot more chaos and confusion than is necessary if a similar warning period is not initiated for the DC line reconfiguration. I just heard about the voting when I slugged in this morning. If the change really is attempted next Wednesday without any type of advance warning or announcements other than this forum, I'll probably just go to Potomac Mills for a week or so until the confusion is sorted out.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
  Share Topic