Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > Hybrids
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHybrids: the Catalyst for Positive Change

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry Seinfeld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2006 at 3:52pm
What's the deal with these hybrids? What are they a breed of?
Did someone say " I'm going to Mate a Ford and a Honda and see what I get?".
And how DO you mate two cars? Does one have a longer dipstick, and that's how they tell which is the male?

What's the deal with these airbags? Some don't work until the front end of your car is all the way to the dash, and you are awake for the impact, but get knocked out from the airbag.
By then it's too late! You've already been tramatized by the impact.
Why knock you out after the crash?
This is why people seem disoriented at a crash site, it's not from the impact but from the air bag.
MDC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2006 at 7:48am
Another day, another troll.
Patriot37 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patriot37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2006 at 10:04pm
Thanks for the discusion. The fact remains that people need incentives to change their ways. In this case, one of the most important issues to so many is the commute. Paying extra for a certain type of vehicle is a no brainer for some. The benifit is buying dollars to entice manufacturers toward better technology the public can use. Many (my family encluded) like our SUV very much. Getting 31/38 mpg is great and I'm sure it's just a small step to what's to come. Alt. fuel, bikes, hybrids... incentives just plain work. Oh, I'm sure you'll like this, might as well let those with more bucks than time pay for the third lane to really keep moving. Have a nice day. Time to go save the world.
MDC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2006 at 4:45pm
Patriot,
There's no room for a third lane at the "mixing bowl". Come to think of it, there's not enough room for a safe third lane along most of the HOV lanes.
beachhead View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beachhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2006 at 5:00pm
MDC,
Most of the people on this board these days can't clutter up their minds with facts like "there's not enough room for a safe third lane" or "the technology does not exist to differentiate between SOVs with transponders and HOVs with three people and no transponders in the HOT lanes." Unfortunately, these discussions are going nowhere anymore since HOT seems to be a foregone conclusion because our illustrious political "leaders" see HOT as a way to say they have a plan to "fix" traffic without having to find a way to fund it through taxation. The courage of the political class these days, REP and DEM, is nauseating.
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2006 at 7:33am
REP/DEM---not much DIF when it comes down to it. They're only really about keeping themselves in office while they amass as much capital (political and financial) as they can garner.

This country needs statesmen, not politicians.

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
lakeridgegirl73 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lakeridgegirl73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2006 at 9:13pm
[?]
It's my understanding that the hybrids get better gas mileage in traffic? If I was a hybrid driver, (if my understanding in valid) I would drive the traffic lanes to save the fuel. True? In addition, tell me how a Lexus RX330 Hybrid gets better gas mileage than say a Honda Civic, so why can't Honda civic owners ride in the HOV lanes by themselves? Just wondering.....
MDC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2006 at 8:54am
lakeridgegirl,
Hybrids are special. The RX400h uses it's electric motor to boost horsepower by about 65HP, and improve 0-60 accelleration by .9 seconds over the RX330(6.9 seconds vs 7.8). MPG-wise it gets 3-4 MPG better on the highway than the RX330. Toyota named it "400" to indicate that it has more power than the "330", despite them both having 208HP 3.3 liter V6 engines.
Bob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2006 at 2:43pm
I'm sure when the auto lobbyists first got the hybrid exemption passed, they never bothered to tell the legislators that in a few years they would be looking at hybrid sport utes. Also that the hybrid technology can be used for EITHER higher milage OR better performance, or a mix of both. Now the legislators have got a big problem if they dont end the exemption. Hopefully they have come up the learning curve but dont bet on it.
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2006 at 7:26am
Bob,

It ain't about the "learning", it's about the green. Follow the $$.

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>
  Share Topic