Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Left-lane drivers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emancilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2004 at 3:54pm
You're right vabigblue. Some don't know the rules of driving and others don't care.
Luvmyhybrid View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luvmyhybrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2004 at 8:33pm
Thanks for all the great comments - I was hoping to learn that most responsible HOV drivers AREN'T crowding the left lane, it's just those few that make it miserable for the rest of us. I've gained great driving skills since commuting to/from DC, and yes, weaving in and out of lanes to get in front of the pokers is one of those skills (and w/o risking of the lives of other drivers) [:p]
Uhura View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uhura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2004 at 8:02am
quote:
Originally posted by Luvmyhybrid
[br]Don't the same rules apply to HOV's like any other freeway? The left lane is for passing....if you're not passing, then pllleeeezze, move to the right. Why is it that MOST drivers in the HOV drive in the left lane? Frustrating!!

Agreed-This practice is frustrating. I noticed this immediately when I started using the HOV last September. I suppose it's due to the fact that there are only two lanes and people want to avoid merging cars (most merging comes from that right lane.) Also buses and ultra slow drivers use the right lane as well...

Live Long and Prosper
DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2004 at 8:07am
I was riding with a friend once who always made it a point to drive in the left lane, passing or not. I told him to move over because left was for passing. He response was that because he was left handed, it was his way of protesting against a "right handed" world.

Lame excuse I thought, but he didn't move over.
mirangus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mirangus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2004 at 9:39am
quote:
Originally posted by DC2RV
[br]I was riding with a friend once who always made it a point to drive in the left lane, passing or not. I told him to move over because left was for passing. He response was that because he was left handed, it was his way of protesting against a "right handed" world.

Lame excuse I thought, but he didn't move over.

Oh puh-lease!! That IS lame!! And self-centered and self-serving at that!! Uggggggggh, and to think that THAT is the prevailing attitude out there. Maybe not the "left-handed" BS, but any one of a myriad of other stupid excuses. *Sigh* why can't we all be blessed with common sense, courtesy, and the ability to get along?
Left Lane Dick View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left Lane Dick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2004 at 10:54am

You can find the left lane driving laws
by state here:

Left Lane Driving Laws
- courtesy of
LeftLaneDicks.com

Uhura View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uhura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2004 at 2:52pm
quote:
Originally posted by Left Lane Dick
[br]

by state here:

Left Lane Driving Laws
- courtesy of
LeftLaneDicks.com

Thanks for posting that link.

Live Long and Prosper
juansevo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juansevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2006 at 11:56am
Didn't see state laws on that site, but here is a site that's been around forever that I know has the state laws on it:

DriveRightPassLeft.com

quote:
Originally posted by Uhura
[br]
quote:
Originally posted by Left Lane Dick
[br]

by state here:

Left Lane Driving Laws
- courtesy of
LeftLaneDicks.com