Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Left-lane drivers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luvmyhybrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Left-lane drivers
    Posted: 18 May 2004 at 8:39pm
Don't the same rules apply to HOV's like any other freeway? The left lane is for passing....if you're not passing, then pllleeeezze, move to the right. Why is it that MOST drivers in the HOV drive in the left lane? Frustrating!!
VA_Slugger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VA_Slugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2004 at 6:53am
Amen to that Hybrid. Since moving to VA in the past two years, I've noticed a LOT of drivers wil get in the "FAST" lane and stay there doing just under the speed limit. [:(!] Talk about frustrating. Then as you come up on them and flash your lights to pass, they just ignore you. I must re-read the VA manual to ensure I'm not doing something wrong. [8]
dixeedog View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dixeedog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2004 at 7:48am
Hybrids shouldn't be in either lane of the HOV.
mycroftt View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycroftt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2004 at 8:22am
quote:
Originally posted by VA_Slugger
[br]Amen to that Hybrid. Since moving to VA in the past two years, I've noticed a LOT of drivers wil get in the "FAST" lane and stay there doing just under the speed limit. [:(!] Talk about frustrating. Then as you come up on them and flash your lights to pass, they just ignore you. I must re-read the VA manual to ensure I'm not doing something wrong. [8]

Sorry VA, but I think you ARE doing something wrong. When I moved here from CT about 6 years ago I also experienced the frustration of all these slowpokes parked in the left lane. In CT the left lane is for passing only and drivers who park out there and are not passing are subject to getting a ticket - we also have a no passing on the right law. Not so, apparently, in VA. From what I gather the left lane is just another travel lane - it's not a fast lane or a passing lane. The trade off is that you can pass on the right here. If you flash your lights most people consider it rude.

I'm a firm believe in "When in Nome do as the Nomans do" so I put a sticker with my favorite NASCAR driver's number in my back window and I weave in and out passing cars right and left. If anybody flashes their lights or beeps their horn I flip them the bird and roar off. I haven't really learned yet how to guage my speed to make it difficult for other drivers to merge in to "my" lane but I'm working on it and I have made real progress in internalizing the basic need to be "in front" of other drivers. [:o)]

Mike
vabigblue View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vabigblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2004 at 8:40am
I must agree with every post in this thread so far. The left lane is strictly for passing; however, I believe some drivers think the left lane is for "poking" along. Maybe they think they're in Britian.
emancilla View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emancilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2004 at 8:54am
The left lane on I-95 is the "fast lane". I've seen signs along I-95.
tdar20 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdar20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2004 at 9:26am
This has to be one of the most frustrating things on 95 that I encounter. Hopefully one day people will wake up and move over. And by the way Dixie, get over it. Hybrids are allowed until the law is changed and it appears that out political representatives are not going to do that any time soon.
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2004 at 10:13am
Most slugs are FOR hybrids in the HOV-3 I-95/I-395 lanes during rush hours -- as long as there is a driver with 2 slugs in each of those hybrids! Lots of good arguments have been posted on this site about why it just doesn't make sense that hybrids should be HOV-exempt. [;)]
slugguru View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slugguru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2004 at 10:26am
I think both lanes in HOV should be fast lanes....... vroom.........no poking aloud!.........
Subaru View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Subaru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2004 at 11:35am
I agree. Its really bugs me about people just sitting in that lane and then they think its cool to sit NEXT to someone so you can go either way. I have been in cars where the driver does this and I just want to slap them. Normally its a soccer mom in a van chit chatting to her friend. When I went down to FL down I95 in every state people would follow these rules, but as soon as you hit VA. Forget it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic