Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

That's it! I surrender

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2004 at 2:42pm
Amen.

Goober
mallslug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mallslug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2004 at 10:31pm
Boy, I just can't wait until the expiration of the hybrid exemption in HOV. Today, in the slow slow traffic in the HOV lanes around 3:15, my driver was trying to merge into the lanes from the on-ramp near Rosslyn. For the most part, the drivers already in the lanes were letting cars merge, each car in the lanes letting one car in from the on-ramp. After all, traffic was only moving around 15 mph or so at that point because there were so many single drivers trying to beat the 3:30 cutoff. However, when it was "our turn" to be let into the lanes, the hybrid driver next to us would NOT let us in and at one point almost hit us just trying to keep us out of traffic and force us onto the shoulder. We were only going 15 mph for crying out loud. How much quicker will you get home by not letting in one car? Hybrid drivers are definitely not as courteous as those with slugs. IMHO.

Karen
Wagonman View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wagonman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2004 at 11:08pm
quote:
Originally posted by qorc
[br]yes, that's what HOV stands for but the Commonwealth of Virginia has decided to also reward people who are driving in FUEL EFFICIENT cars along side of the belching, gas-guzzling SUVs that a lot of slug drivers bring. It's called having two goals.

Actually, the Commonwealth's laws are distorted by DMV into letting only hybrids have the exemption. If it was based on fuel efficiency they should also let diesels have the exemption. If they followed the law about emissions hybrids couldn't be given CF plates because they run on gasoline. The diesel VW Beetle has the same emissions rating on the EPA green vehicle guide as the Civic Hybrid and the Insight sold here but doesn't get the plates. It also gets about 50mpg. It is all marketing and the perception that hybrids are some revolutionary step in emissions.
goober View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2004 at 2:41pm
mallslug, I'll generalize myself and say that some hybrid drivers are very discourteous and rude with their driving behavior[:0]. The others appear guilty for driving in the HOV and stay to the right, at the posted speed limit[?]. The exceptions among hybrid drivers are those that pick up slugs [:D].

Goober
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic