Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Snow on the top of your car

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2005 at 5:38pm
I have heated nozzles on my wipers and curb feelers.. all on my Yugo
Wagonman View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wagonman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2005 at 1:54pm
quote:

Goodness gracious...LOL. That's like having those little three inch wipers for your headlights. Pretty soon we'll have car features available that "do your dishes for you" or "read you a story and tuck you into bed a night."

[?] Do they actually work that well??

Well, I've never had an instance when I couldn't use the washers so I guess they work that well. I actually have high pressure sprayers for my headlights. I wouldn't trust the little headlight wipers. They seem like they'd break and cost a fortune to fix. In Europe if you have HID lights they require some type of headlight cleaning system to prevent glare. Smart idea if you ask me.

You don't need a luxury car for the heated washer nozzles. VW has a cold weather package for most models and it includes heated seats, heated washer nozzles, and heated mirrors. The option is not that much(~$300 I think in the Jetta). Not sure what affordable car offers a heated steering wheel.
Warming: Once you have a car with heated seats you will no longer buy one without them. It's one of those things that there is no going back from. If you own any other cars you will also start to dislike them since they lack the heated seats.
mirangus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mirangus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2005 at 10:40am
I hear ya on the heated seats....oooooooooh...nothing like rump roasters to make you feel cozy on a frozen morning!! I have them in my truck and I'm NEVER going back!!
wdossel View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wdossel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2005 at 12:03pm
quote:
Originally posted by mirangus
[br]I hear ya on the heated seats....oooooooooh...nothing like rump roasters to make you feel cozy on a frozen morning!! I have them in my truck and I'm NEVER going back!!

... and not just for frosty mornings -- excellent theraputic effect for those with lower back issues [:)]

- Will
USA View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2005 at 10:13am
Whether someone is short is no excuse for not cleaning off the top of the vehicle. There are various devices on the market to address this sort of thing. Google "SnoBrum" to find one example.

You can get heated mirrors and heated seats for $33,000 if you buy an Acura TL, but no heated steering wheel or nozzles. I got a TL last summer and I LOVE those heated seats! (Never used the heated mirrors because I have a garage at home and I park in it.)
defender View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote defender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2005 at 11:19am
quote:
Originally posted by USA
[br]You can get heated mirrors and heated seats for $33,000 . . ..

I'v always melted the snow. I just turn up the heat in my Taurus. By the time I get to work, the snow is gone.

Fuller Underwood II
SpongeBob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpongeBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2005 at 12:25pm
Ha Defender. You are funny. Thanks for sharing your wit.

As for me, I've decided heated nozzles, seats, and mirrors for our next car, but only after the current minivan dies a natural death.

In the meantime, I'm going to soak in hot water each morning. This is a favorite tactic of we sponges.

I'm also going to patent a heated steering wheel cover with an elastic cord running to the cigarette lighter.
PC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2005 at 3:36pm
I leave the snow on the top, well, I even go to the extreme of loading more snow on the top of my car after it snows and drive really fast down 395 to keep you tailgaters off my rear. It works...Man, I wish it snowed more often.

Remember, work harder...millions on welfare are counting on you...so back to work slackers.

PC
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic