Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Justice - Re: Vandal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vabigblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2005 at 12:46pm
That's why I love this board. All these topics are great. It's like a quick and dirty soap opera. Look at some of these quotes. Where else would you find this type of "back and forth" or "forth and back" issues? It's something different every single day. People who don't subscribe don't know what they're missing.

THE TRIALS AND TRIBULATIONS OF "SLUG-LINES.COM"
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2005 at 2:49pm
..... also known as "AS THE SLUG TURNS" and "ALL MY SLUGS". [:p]

Keep on sluggin'!
SlgDriver View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlgDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2005 at 3:55pm
Being that I too did not read the original post and have no desire to try and find it, I have no opinion on the event. My comment is about this board. I too find much humor in this. As a member of at least 12 boards (and a Moderator of another) the subjects/topics may all be different, but the attitudes are all the same. Someone makes a request, tribal leader speaks that newbie has no credibility, everyone takes a side and the war begins. They all start off with this "goal" to discuss legitimate issues, topics, etc but end up being the drama filled battle for who runs the board. On other boards I've actually met some of the posters and it is amazing how different some of them are in person compared to their on-line bravado. That's not to say they weren't nice people, just amazes me how message boards can change folks. [:D]
dickboyd View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dickboyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2005 at 4:23pm
quote:
Originally posted by SlgDriver
[br]Being that I too did not read the original post and have no desire to try and find it, I have no opinion on the event. My comment is about this board. I too find much humor in this. As a member of at least 12 boards (and a Moderator of another) the subjects/topics may all be different, but the attitudes are all the same. Someone makes a request, tribal leader speaks that newbie has no credibility, everyone takes a side and the war begins. They all start off with this "goal" to discuss legitimate issues, topics, etc but end up being the drama filled battle for who runs the board. On other boards I've actually met some of the posters and it is amazing how different some of them are in person compared to their on-line bravado. That's not to say they weren't nice people, just amazes me how message boards can change folks. [:D]

GODWIN's LAW

Godwin observed that in any extended thread on a board, eventually someone will compare those with a difference of opinion as nazis. At that point, the thread is finished and the person to first mention nazis is the loser.

For those of you that are so young that your only association of nazi is with Seinfeld's soup server, being called a nazi is pretty severe.

dickboyd@aol.com
SpotsySlugBug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpotsySlugBug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2005 at 4:33pm
ah, yes, dickboyd, shall we add some bees to his soup? [:D]
KCWolfPck View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KCWolfPck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2005 at 9:27pm
quote:
Originally posted by dickboyd
[br]
GODWIN's LAW

Godwin observed that in any extended thread on a board, eventually someone will compare those with a difference of opinion as nazis. At that point, the thread is finished and the person to first mention nazis is the loser.

For those of you that are so young that your only association of nazi is with Seinfeld's soup server, being called a nazi is pretty severe.

dickboyd@aol.com

So, I guess that makes you the loser, since you were the first to bring up nazis.
dickboyd View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dickboyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2005 at 12:55am
quote:
Originally posted by KCWolfPck
[br]
quote:
Originally posted by dickboyd
[br]
GODWIN's LAW

dickboyd@aol.com

So, I guess that makes you the loser, since you were the first to bring up nazis.

I admit defeat. Now that we have a clear winner, can we move on?

Buy Boyd's Bees, they make excellent broth in addition to honey. You won't get stung.

dickboyd@aol.com
KCWolfPck View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KCWolfPck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2005 at 9:21am
What happened here....it looks like the original poster deleted all of his posts?? Is this just another thing to add to the list of things that drivers should be concerned about???
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2005 at 9:32am
An alleged crime (everyone's innocent until proven guilty) was described. Original poster not happy (if it really happened I wouldn't be either). Lashed out at other posters for not being helpful. Left in a huff. Alleged perpetrator reportedly found. No police report, no newspaper report. Credibility score needs to be assigned by the "keeper of credibility ratings".

Bottomline takeaway (that's redundant I know): Be aware of where your stuff is in the car, who is in the car with you AND what they're doing while they're in the car with you. Oh, be nice on slug-lines.com too!

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic