Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Perfume/Aftershave and Speaking English

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Megled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2002 at 9:11am
Oh. puleez!!!!!!! You miss the point of the others. Unnecessary is the key word. Much of your attacking on the various strings has been unnecessary. You can learn to state your opinion without getting so nasty. From past strings, I know you will come back with something inane, but I won't respond, because you seem to have to keep arguing with absolutely no substance.

Koretgel quote--
quote:

Why is this topic even on this message board? Yes people are entitled to their opinions, but when you state an opinion, especially as ugly as the original one stated, everyone has a right to dissent against that opinion. To condone a person who blasts people based on their nationality or the fact that they don't speak English is racist. I personally would like it if people spoke English, but I also recognize that the first people who lived in this country spoke NATIVE AMERICAN, not English! Most of our ancestors came here via Ellis Island not knowing a lick of English (mine were German), so what has changed? Yes you can say that the difference today is that our ancestors bothered to attempt to learn the language unlike today, but they don't get very far without it.

Bottom line is that you can say what you want, but be prepared for others to exercise the right to call you for what you are -- and in this case the original post was made by a racist.

K.O.

Monbe View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monbe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2002 at 9:13am
Oh, brother!

quote:

Why is this topic even on this message board? Yes people are entitled to their opinions, but when you state an opinion, especially as ugly as the original one stated, everyone has a right to dissent against that opinion. To condone a person who blasts people based on their nationality or the fact that they don't speak English is racist. I personally would like it if people spoke English, but I also recognize that the first people who lived in this country spoke NATIVE AMERICAN, not English! Most of our ancestors came here via Ellis Island not knowing a lick of English (mine were German), so what has changed? Yes you can say that the difference today is that our ancestors bothered to attempt to learn the language unlike today, but they don't get very far without it.

Bottom line is that you can say what you want, but be prepared for others to exercise the right to call you for what you are -- and in this case the original post was made by a racist.

K.O.

Tilmer View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tilmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2002 at 9:17am
Kortegel: Someone mentioned the word soapbox. You do turn everything into a soapbox topic ----BORRRING!!!!

Megled: I agree w/you. I'm not going to respond back to him either.
Shall we take bets whether he responds back w/the usual predictable responses?

quote:

K.O.

aalso View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aalso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2002 at 9:29am
Although he doesn't know me by name, I have actually spoken with Kortegel in line. He is very likeable. I think things just get translated wrong when he puts his thoughts in words. You would never guess that it is the same person. I am surprised to see how he and a few others come across, but just wanted to say he doesn't come across like that in person at all.
dkerley View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkerley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2002 at 9:30am
I have a remedy for this language issue:
KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT! Whether you speak English or any other language -- it doesn't matter! Speak with the driver to let them know where you need to go and then read a book, read the paper, take a nap -- just don't talk!
If you have issues that as a driver you cannot handle, post a sign with all of your hang ups.
I believe that everyone has a right to their opinion so let's take it easy on one another in here. Okay?

Dina
kortegel View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kortegel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2002 at 10:08am
I'm under the impression that I'm being given undue credit for a message in this string that was actually authored by 610 Slug. I wrote in support of them but did not write it. Newbies to this site should know how to use it before ganging up on folks.

To state "don't bother replying because I won't respond" is so fifth grade. Some of you out there seem to chime in with the assumption that I give a flying fig about your opinions.

K.O.

Edited by - kortegel on 01 Oct 2002 10:16:55

Edited by - kortegel on 01 Oct 2002 10:23:11
Megled View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Megled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2002 at 12:12pm
Tilmer: You owe me 5 bucks!

quote:

Kortegel: Someone mentioned the word soapbox. You do turn everything into a soapbox topic ----BORRRING!!!!

Megled: I agree w/you. I'm not going to respond back to him either.
Shall we take bets whether he responds back w/the usual predictable responses?

quote:

K.O.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic