Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FOR DO NOT RIDE WITH LIST

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
lisad219 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisad219 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FOR DO NOT RIDE WITH LIST
    Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 9:39am
I think the drivers reaction was rude and over the top. All he had to do was ask you to end your convo, not pull over. I've people do it. However, talking on the phone as a slug is 100% rude and annoying and in my opinion is a distraction to the driver. I dont want to listen to someone talking on the phone for 30-60 mins. Come on, commonsense.
AngloAustrian View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AngloAustrian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2013 at 10:17am
Goodness. Eleven years of slugging and somehow you failed to notice in all that time that talking on your cell phone for thirty minutes is rude? Slugs should do their very best to be unobtrusive. Follow the slug rules. Get in, thank you for the ride, and shut up. If your phone rings, answer it, say, "Can I call you back later, can't talk now, in somebody else's car." Takes five seconds. If it's an emergency, then certainly warn the driver, but it didn't sound like your call was an emergency. Some people are passive aggressive. The driver might have been thinking, "Surely, she's getting my vibes that I want to listen to the radio," or "Surely she's going to stop any minute?" "Should I say something, maybe she'll stop and I won't have to." And by the time half an hour has gone by, he could be a tad frustrated and then OVERreact. So, just watch yourself. Read the rules, and you will be fine.
CalebMcanelly View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CalebMcanelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2013 at 4:52am
A teacher, or the prison, more and more ares are considering the legal use of cell phone jammers, it has been a necessity of our daily life, I have got one from http://www.jammerall.com/ for my family. so if you want to get one, you can go and visit it for more details. share with you!
spolastre View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spolastre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2006 at 2:01pm
Being someone that use to pick people up all the time, I think that is super rude when you are in someone's car and you are constantly chatting on the phone. Like others have said, it should be used only for emergencies, if someone is picking you up, or something about your children. I compare it to someone talking while you are at the theater.

quote:
Originally posted by hawaiiangirl
[br]This is my first time that I have to say in the past 11 years of slugging that I have ever felt that I needed to post this comment about this driver I rode with tonight. First, since when has it been against the law as a rider to talk on your cell phone? Perhaps it annoys some people and if it does the common courtesy is to ask that person to not talk on their cell phone would be appropriate. On my way home tonight from the Pentagon to the 610 lot I was picked up by this man with a black either Toyota or Subaru 4 door older model car, I believe the license plate was JYE-9998, or close to that. I was so upset after getting out of his car I may have missed it by one or 2 numbers. Anyhow, I was talking on my cell phone, not loudly, as he had no air conditioning on and all the windows down. Very rudely, as we got to the bridge to exit to Quantico, he pulled over and I asked him was everything okay sir? And he responded by telling me that yes he is but that I could either get off the phone or get out of his car. I was terribly shocked at this and it was the first time I've ever had anyone be that rude and I was taken aback by this statement. I told him that I had no idea it was illegal to talk on your cell phone as a passenger in VA. He told me that he didn't care but that I should have known better because cell phones were for emergencies only. I responded by stating that it was no problem, I could respect his vehicle. Now I may have annoyed him, obviously he was annoyed. But I was quite annoyed by him because from the time we left the Pentagon Parking lot he sped the entire trip. He was driving irradically, in out of lanes giving the other drivers little time to give him space, he was speeding 85 or more the entire trip even to the point where we were inches from behind 18-wheelers and other cars. Scared the living you know what out of me and I suppose I stayed on my cell phone the entire trip to try and keep my mind off of how bad he was driving. The traffic was heavy as we got closer to Stafford and I didn't say anything else to him. He didn't say anything else to me, but the fact of the matter is, I would have had no problem not talking on my cell phone, but the way this guy drove was just unbelieveable. Why do people think that if they drive like that they get to their destination faster. I tell you what, if I ever see his car at the Pentagon or any lot for that matter, I will scream to folks in line never to ride w/him. The vehicle was stick shift and he kept on the gas and brake pedals the entire trip. What should you do if you ever feel like you have to get out of a driver's car on I-95? I felt that way tonight. Thanks!

getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2006 at 12:38pm
Good to see your the same old Slug, that bitches too much.

GMHP was hea!
Bob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2006 at 12:58pm
bumping subject
abomb36 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abomb36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2006 at 10:39am
This is a case of someone's "personal" space invading another's "public' space. You should have had him pull over about a mile down 395 to let you out so that he could have gotten a ticket for only having two in his car. Hopefully you would have avoided the ticket for walking on a highway, but you could have cried to the cop and given him the offending driver's plate number.

Or you could have just said sorry, hung up the phone, and told the driver he didn't need to be such an ass about the whole thing.
rodmunera View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodmunera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2006 at 12:08pm
Well, "SlugsB1tch2Much", let me point you to another post on this site and declare our independance of selfish drivers like you.

http://www.slug-lines.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3768
SlugsB1tch2Much View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlugsB1tch2Much Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2006 at 4:29am
Why do you think I have this username, and why do you think I ride alone in my nice hybrid when I feel like it? Slugs can be a pain in the ass sometimes (e.g. GMHP)
RCA View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RCA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2006 at 12:27pm
You know...everytime I come on this site, I tend to lose a little more faith in people. If you want to get technical, the driver (if irritated) should have have the personal fiber to ask you to please not talk on your phone while riding. Had a driver pulled off onto the side of the rode and been so rude as to tell me to "get off the phone or get out of his car", I won't tell you what the first thing out of my mouth would have been.

Truth of the matter is, people take things too seriously. I am so glad to ride in and out of Rosslyn to Gordon Road in Fredericksburg, because not only have I developed great friendships out of it, the folks who drive and ride go a long way to alleviating my stress levels from the day. Grant it, it may be me and everyone is different, but I bet this driver would not have done the same thing had a 6'2, 200 pound MAN been on the phone.

Third - I know I have small kids, and they call me when I get out of work - nearly everyday - as does my wife...if the phone rings in a car where the "vibe" is not so friendly - I immediately say "please excuse me - I need to take this"...I have my conversation and then apologize. Why am I apologizing? I really don't know - but I do it - because I realize there are psychos out there who actually care enuff to bitch about a cell phone in 2006.

People. Please...this is a silly, silly issue. Come on. People are dying EVERYDAY in war and of disease and poverty....and we're moaning about cell phone usage on I95.

Perspective is a powerful tool.

off my soapbox I go...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic