Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bob's Closed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colossus911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2006 at 2:08pm
Just got this from Supervisor Kaufman
"Folks,
I’ve heard you and here’s what we’re doing to help:
Short term, we are trying to get the lot re-opened to sluggers. The Circuit City site is private property and not subject to our direct control.
Long term, I have secured Fairfax County Board of Supervisors’ approval to have our staff begin discussions with the owners for possible purchase of the lots to preserve them for use by sluggers and other commuters.
Also, late this year, construction will begin on another park and ride lot on Backlick (at its intersection with the Fairfax County Parkway.) This lot will also offer immediate access for the hot lanes and will provide additional opportunities for sluggers.
The slugging system works and I will do everything I can to keep your private initiative alive and well.
Dana Kauffman
Lee District Supervisor
colossus911 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colossus911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2006 at 2:12pm
Sludge the problem was drivers sure, trying to figure out what to do. With a big line of slugs standing on the side of Old Keene Mill, drivers were slowing (some were stopping) to pick up slugs. But instead of helping with the situation right at the point the cops were sitting 100 yards down the road ticketing drivers.

My point is the cops could have helped direct traffic, and manage the situation, instead they stood by as bystanders and tickted. Seems like a failure of operation to me.
pwbnd View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pwbnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2006 at 8:34am
Thanks to those of you who took the time to put up signs @ Bob's!!

Is there anyway that we can position the lines a little better so it's more convenient for the drivers (and safer for riders). At certain times this morning, there was quite a traffic jam with cars stopped on the road because they couldn't get into the parking lot.

If anybody has any good ideas, maybe we could set up the signs to say "Line for 14th/L'Enfant) starts here" and "Line for 18th starts here."
Linda Waller View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linda Waller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2006 at 1:21pm
We have just received word that the Circuit City slug site will be reopened either tomorrow morning or Friday morning.

Apparently, the site was closed for routine maintenance—resurfacing—and the contractor was not aware of the slug use. The high heat has slowed the asphalt cure time.

If I had to guess, I’d say that with today’s heat and humidity, Friday seems more likely.
chmp View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chmp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2006 at 1:27pm
THANK YOU!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic