Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Unbelievable

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joyzgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2003 at 12:37pm
Sorry CBlu for not finding the site earlier, but I'm glad now that I found it so I can respond. Enough is enough...let me set the record straight for some of you. I was the "other" person in this van with CBlue and "Mr. Not Helpful". When the woman pulled up to the commuter lot, she "did" state that she was having some difficulty with her van but felt she could make it home. Mr. Not Helpful had his opportunity at that point and time to refuse the ride, but he didn't. The whole ride down HOV, he was squirmish, kept looking over the drivers shoulder and making snide remarks under his breath, which I heard. He made a call from his cell phone and was making derrogatory remarks about the situation. Like I said, he had an opportunity to refuse the ride. And...the point of the matter is that he knew the driver from riding with her "several" times before. The driver knew practically his family history. Anyway, his face turned beet red because of his frustration. To me, he should have never got in the car. Before the van could come to a complete stop he "ordered" me to let him out of the van (I wish I could have let him out around the mixing bowl). And at that point I told him I was HAPPY to let him out. Now, let's get to the "waving" down issue. Not only did he waive someone down, the person he waived down was in some time of "official" police-like vehichle....flashing lights and everything. And NO, that person didn't offer any assistance either. Now let's get to the point...if this person read the "slug etiquettes", you're not suppose to leave the vehicle anyway.....perhaps because you might get hit by speeding cars!!!! You think!!! The actually point of the matter is that this person just didn't care about anyone but himself. I totally understand if he had to get home for WHATEVER reason....he could have just said, "look ladies, I'm sorry I can't help you or stay here with you because I need to get home"....THAT'S what COMMON COURTESY is all about. That's what our parents taught us. So for all of you who think that CBlu is being judgmental, you're wrong or either you don't understand what it means to just be COURTEOUS. How would YOU feel if that WHOLE situation happened to you or to your wife and kid?? You would hope that someone would have the common decency to at least say I can or cannot help you.....not just bail out WITHOUT UTTERING ONE SINGLE WORD!!! Oh, one more thing....pray that if you ever pick up this person and you "happen to have car trouble"......need I say more!
krr View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2003 at 4:11pm
You're making too big of deal of the whole thing. Move on. Suck it up and forget about it. The point of some of the others was to let it go. Some things you can do nothing about. Recognize that and stop already with the courteous stuff your parents should teach you. This is the real world. You can't control others.
joyzgirl View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joyzgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2003 at 3:49pm
You're right Krr re: can't control others. However, I'm not making a big thing out of it and I have moved on. I just wanted those who "had such a negative" opinon about CBlue and her feelings, to know the whole story. The end result is the guy is a jerk. So don't sound so harsh about it (i.e. move on, suck it up, forget). You sound annoyed!!!!! And thank GOD my parents did teach me how to be courteous or else my response may have gone a different way.
Tilmer View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tilmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2003 at 4:32pm
Oh. puleez. If krr isn't annoyed, I for one am. Give it up.

quote:
Originally posted by joyzgirl
[br]You're right Krr re: can't control others. However, I'm not making a big thing out of it and I have moved on. I just wanted those who "had such a negative" opinon about CBlue and her feelings, to know the whole story. The end result is the guy is a jerk. So don't sound so harsh about it (i.e. move on, suck it up, forget). You sound annoyed!!!!! And thank GOD my parents did teach me how to be courteous or else my response may have gone a different way.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic