Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > Hybrids
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Hybrid Owners  You took Over HOV now out web site?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHybrid Owners You took Over HOV now out web site?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12131415>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlugsB1tch2Much Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2009 at 3:41pm
I am amused by the sense of entitlement non-hybrid owners have when it comes to the issue of having hybrid drivers waste their time picking up slugs. It's interesting to see how a bunch of saps covet what others own.
Jody View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2009 at 4:45pm
In the 9 yrs hybrids have been allowed on HOV, I've never seen any drivers in hybrids pick up slugs. If what Sludge has posted is true, I'm not riding with them. I invite other slugs to join me in boycotting riding with hybrid drivers.
SlugsB1tch2Much View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlugsB1tch2Much Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2009 at 4:51pm
Yeah I typically don't waste my time picking up slugs. Why? They have this gripe with hybrid owners for some reason or another. Not sure exactly why, but it makes for an unpleasant experience so I generally just skip the whole "pick up an idiot" experience. Once in a blue moon, I'll pick a single slug up and give them a ride.
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2009 at 7:04am
Jody, see later post with different title.
Legislation to extend the hybrid HOV exemption until July 1, 2010 has passed the VA legislature and is awaiting either signature, veto, or amendments from the Governor.
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2009 at 10:51am
Considering the (yet again) overwhelming legislative majority who passed this, it's likely the exemption extension will (yet again) pass.

Interesting that every proposal except hybrid exemptions for carpools ends up costing taxpayers more money. The carbon tax on corporations will end up being passed on to consumers, the legislation for vehicle manufacturers to lower emissions or improve mileage, toll roads - all cost each of us more. The hybrid exemption alone costs only those who choose to buy one while improving the nation's overall mileage, reducing national fuel consumption, and still being better for the environment.

No wonder the exemption extension continues to pass by a wide majority.
SlugsB1tch2Much View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlugsB1tch2Much Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2009 at 1:07pm
Yes the exemption will pass and continue to pass. I remember when these drivers got their hopes up way back in 2005 that hybrids on the HOV would be no more--nonsense.
usedcarsalesman View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usedcarsalesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2009 at 9:05am
quote:
Originally posted by Jody

In the 9 yrs hybrids have been allowed on HOV, I've never seen any drivers in hybrids pick up slugs. If what Sludge has posted is true, I'm not riding with them. I invite other slugs to join me in boycotting riding with hybrid drivers.

Jody, I have been picked up as a slug by a hybrid with no problems. Boycotting riding with hybrid drives is like the proverbial cutting off your nose to spite your face. If there is someone worth boycotting it is extended cab pickups and small two door cars - it's just plain inconsiderate expecting an adult to ride back there.
janupagla View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janupagla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 12:21am
Now, 85000 hybrid owners in California may have to switch lanes and drive with the rest of us. Cars like the Toyota Prius, the Honda Insight and Civic hybrid would be out. about time the state took away this privilege. 1 golfer posted a statement on his Web site after canceling.

Thanks

http://www.entrepreneurbio.com/mc-devenir-bloggeur.asp http://www.modedevieanticancer.com/cancer-du-colon.asp
Jody View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 9:34am
usedcarsalesman: Sounds like you know the hybrid exemption is going to end once toll lanes are added to the HOV.

Its not cutting my nose off to spite my face -- its called justice served. When hybrid drivers show up the commuter lots to pick up riders to avoid paying the toll, I won't ride with them. They can still enjoy drive on HOV by themselves. But now they will have to pay the toll like the other SOVs.
Jody View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 2:09pm
usedcarsalesman, I would like to clarify my last post. I've never seen a hybrid pick up or drop off at the Circuit City lot in Springfield. So when they start charging tolls on the HOV lanes and hybrids need to pick up riders to avoid paying it, I'm going to remember all the years they didn't pick up at my destinations and not ride with them.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12131415>
  Share Topic