Print Page | Close Window

Printed From: Slug-Lines.com
Category: General Slugging Questions and Comments
Forum Name: General Slugging Topics
Forum Description: This is the area for all general slugging comments. To add a comment simply create a new topic or see FAQ for detailed information on how to post comments.
URL: http://www.slug-lines.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2012
Printed Date: 29 Apr 2024 at 9:08am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: .
Posted By: POedDriver
Subject: .
Date Posted: 28 Jul 2005 at 8:43am
Help no longer needed since, in the eyes of this community, these events never happened. Thank you.

Replies:
Posted By: N_or_S_bound
Date Posted: 28 Jul 2005 at 8:53am
Wow, bad stuff.

POD, I would suggest you hit edit and remove the gun comment though...never know what can be used against you....

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!

Date Posted: 28 Jul 2005 at 9:05am
RLD,

Can you really file a police report against someone who allegedly vandalizes your vehicle after you've willingly given them a ride?

You probably can, just seems it will carry little weight with the authorities. If it happened to me, I'd attempt to file one.

NoSb

Posted By: shahedC
Date Posted: 28 Jul 2005 at 9:06am
POedDriver, are you 100% sure that the person behind you was responsible? Did you hear any slashing sound at all during the whole commute? If someone "slashed the hell out of" your rear seat, surely you must've heard something? And how was his behavior before, during, and after the ride? How about the 3rd person? Was the 3rd person sitting right next to you? Maybe he/she heard something?

Hopefully, you get this settled. I feel your pain. My new 2004 Mercedes Benz was hit by a van in a commuter lot, but I never got any justice. I lost the case because the other driver lied to the insurance companies, committed insurance fraud, and produce a false witness.
More here: http://www.slug-lines.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2036

Apparently, your story is only true if you have a witness. I'm glad I didn't get shot by a mugger and his friend! They wouldn't have believed me just because the mugger's friend would stick up for him!

Date Posted: 28 Jul 2005 at 9:22am
POD,

Have you considered arriving early to the 610 lot today to potentially identify your slug? Just a thought.

I know you said no replies necessary. It's what I'd do and maybe worth considering.

NoSb

Posted By: carleric
Date Posted: 28 Jul 2005 at 9:46am
Why is it OK to threaten this person with a gun?

Date Posted: 28 Jul 2005 at 10:13am
Because threatening them with a pillow just doesn't have the same effect?

NoSb

Date Posted: 28 Jul 2005 at 10:31am
Do we now have to add guns to the list (AC, perfume, etc) of things that I have to ask the driver about before I get in? If the driver's packin' I don't wanna be ridin'

Posted By: 122582
Date Posted: 28 Jul 2005 at 10:47am
So we need to install video cameras in our cars now? Would we have to put a notice on our windows that we're using cameras?

Posted By: Subaru
Date Posted: 28 Jul 2005 at 10:49am
Is your 9-2x black with Maryland temp tags? I noticed you the other morning passing the Crystal City line. I used to own a Subaru WRX Wagon, which is basically your same car. Its a shame what happened. Any chance you could snap some photos of the crime?

-Rob

Posted By: Wagonman
Date Posted: 28 Jul 2005 at 11:06am
quote:
Originally posted by POedDriver
[br]
I will recognize you and I will be looking for you. I will have my gun at the ready you FU$@!

Unless you are law enforcement or have some special permit because you are a security guard I really hope you don't carry your gun into DC in your car after you stake out the lots. Beyond that, I understand how upsetting vandalism can be but I really hope you were just venting and not considering using a gun at all. If you do own a gun, statements like that make it sound like you shouldn't. Attitudes like that make life harder for responsible gun owners. If you have a concealed carry permit a statement like your should be sufficient to get it revoked.

Posted By: vabigblue
Date Posted: 28 Jul 2005 at 12:07pm
POed, I hate to keep adding to this thread because you said not to; however, the gun issue bothers me. I realize it's a brand new car and it's yours; however, do not take matters into your own hands by using a gun. Like someone else said, shoot a photo instead. It will be much better on you. I hope you catch the culprit.

Posted By: anothercommuter
Date Posted: 28 Jul 2005 at 1:00pm
Hey POed, I agree with the others, DON'T USE A GUN, use the camera instead. Get the persons picture. Post it here(if possible) and then take the photo and enlarge it very much and then post that picture to every slug parking lot with a caption underneath it explaining about your experiences with this person. You can do more damage with the photo such as posting it to various webpages. MAKE THIS PERSON WELL KNOWN AROUND THE WORLD!!!!!

Date Posted: 28 Jul 2005 at 1:27pm
Yeah, THAT's the solution: posting the pic of the (alleged) vandal everywhere. What if you're wrong? Can you say lawsuit? I can.

Date Posted: 28 Jul 2005 at 1:30pm
Make sure you're not seen posting the picture then how can you be sued?

Posted By: Baz
Date Posted: 28 Jul 2005 at 1:34pm
can we stop now...

Date Posted: 28 Jul 2005 at 2:22pm
I'd still be irate!

NoSb

Posted By: J-Staff
Date Posted: 28 Jul 2005 at 2:40pm
Are you sure the vandalism was done this morning as opposed to another day, it could be that you haven't noticed it until this morning. Just a thought. Good Luck, by the way a picture would be nice if your sure he's the one.

Date Posted: 28 Jul 2005 at 3:13pm
Just wanted to say this even though it doesn't pertain to the vandalism postings, NOW THIS IS IMPORTANT!!!, IF SOMEONE REALLY REALLY REALLY WANTS TO DO DAMAGE TO SOMEONE THE SLUG COULD ALWAYS PLACE A GUN OR NARCOTICS IN YOUR CAR(assuming nobody sees him/her). IF YOU GET PULLED OVER AND THE POLICE SEE IT YOU'RE DONE FOR BECAUSE REGARDLESS OF WHOSE CAR IT IS OR WHO WAS IN THE CAR THE BOTTOMLINE IS YOU WERE BEHIND THE WHEEL WHICH MEANS YOU ACCEPT FULL RESPONSIBILITY OF THAT VEHICLE.

THIS IS A VERY TRUE STATEMENT. CHECK WITH THE POLICE THEY WILL VERIFY IT.

Date Posted: 28 Jul 2005 at 3:30pm
I just wrote that piece because if you think having your seats slashed(which is very mean by the way) is bad think of what a real jerk could do.

Date Posted: 28 Jul 2005 at 3:31pm
What? Whoa, off-topic rant. Yikes. How is "very true" different from "true," anyway?
Please disengage your Caps Lock key, too. Gracias.

Posted By: stewart
Date Posted: 28 Jul 2005 at 3:38pm
quote:
[br]J-Stuff - If you read my original post, you would already know that answer to your question.

For someone who wants help, you're pretty damn rude.

Posted By: goober
Date Posted: 28 Jul 2005 at 4:16pm
stewart, I understand his rudeness because he's PO'd. I would definitely be PO'd if it happened to me and maybe not realize that I came across rudely to others. I can see myself making false threats (got a gun) because it might just scare the pants off the perpetrator.

POedDriver, Do you recall if this guy said thanks or have a nice day when he left the car? Did he say anything to you at all or did you say anything to him? Is there a way you can prove it was the person you described? Are you getting fingerprints taken?

Goober

Posted By: shahedC
Date Posted: 28 Jul 2005 at 4:28pm
goober, stewart, I understand his rudeness. I mean look at his screenname... even the screenname is "POedDriver"... created just for posting PO'd comments on the slug board.

So this driver never posted on this board before, and is now posting about this event, but probably doesn't plan to post about anything else in future.

But that still doesn't warrant rude behavior... the people on this board did nothing to deserve rudeness...

That being said, I read that so-called "rude" post... didn't really seem that rude to me when I read it... I just scrolled up to find the answer to the question. :)

Posted By: Undisclosed
Date Posted: 28 Jul 2005 at 9:52pm
quote:
Originally posted by anothercommuter
[br]Just wanted to say this even though it doesn't pertain to the vandalism postings, NOW THIS IS IMPORTANT!!!, IF SOMEONE REALLY REALLY REALLY WANTS TO DO DAMAGE TO SOMEONE THE SLUG COULD ALWAYS PLACE A GUN OR NARCOTICS IN YOUR CAR(assuming nobody sees him/her). IF YOU GET PULLED OVER AND THE POLICE SEE IT YOU'RE DONE FOR BECAUSE REGARDLESS OF WHOSE CAR IT IS OR WHO WAS IN THE CAR THE BOTTOMLINE IS YOU WERE BEHIND THE WHEEL WHICH MEANS YOU ACCEPT FULL RESPONSIBILITY OF THAT VEHICLE.

Sure the police would have probable cause to arrest, but at trial it must be proven that you knew about the contraband. Here's the jury instruction:

POSSESSION -- DEFINED

There are two kinds of possession: actual and constructive. A person has actual possession of something if s/he has direct physical control over it. [[S/He has constructive possession of something when s/he does not have direct physical control over it, but knowingly has both the power and the intent at a given time to control it], [either by himself/herself or through another person].]
[Possession may be shared with one or more people.]
Mere presence near something or mere knowledge of its location is not enough to show possession. To prove possession, the government must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the defendant had actual or constructive possession of the ________________, [alone or with someone else].

Posted By: dickboyd
Date Posted: 29 Jul 2005 at 3:23am
TWO MAN RULE

Just as locks keep an honest man honest and sometimes slow down a thief, the two man rule can inhibit vandalism. Walk in pairs in unknown neighborhoods.

If there is only one rider in the rear seat and the slug in the front seat is asleep, then there is really only one passenger. But if there are two passengers in the rear seat, one could keep an eye on the other. Or they both could sleep.

Virginia is for lovers. It seems slug lines have more and more people that are driving from a different neighborhood to get parking for a slug line.

Two suggestions. Short term, take three. The more the merrier. More is less. More people in one car is less congestion. Long term get more and better slug parking in the neighborhood.

Have you recruited a slug today? If you heard about the benefits of slugging through word of mouth, are you passing the word?

dickboyd@aol.com

Posted By: getmehome pweeze
Date Posted: 29 Jul 2005 at 8:35am
Here we go, every one off on rants again. P'Od, good luck to you,I hope that justice will be served and that everyone here will stop passing judgement and follow your origional request to leave the subject be if they cannot help with any further information (with that I also apologize for adding to this post)

:'}

Date Posted: 29 Jul 2005 at 8:46am
Hmmm...rants. Sounded like we were getting some good information like what happens if someone leaves you a "gift" and the police find it and possible ways to prevent further "instances" of backseat shenanigans.

Picked up 4 slugs yesterday. We had a great discussion on the way home. It was a "funny slugging adventures" "slugfest". Lots of great stories out there. One surprising thing was the number of women (yes, women) drivers who leave their purse on the seat or floor behind them with a stranger in the backseat. Les see, mebbe, we should hand out fliers to drivers:

1. Pick up enough slugs so you can have one to watch the other in the backseat.
2. Stash your personal belongings where a stranger (yes, many slugs are strange) can't access them without you knowing.
3. ....

The list goes on...slug on folks!

NoSb

Posted By: AveMaria
Date Posted: 29 Jul 2005 at 10:29am
I've ridden several times with this female driver who insists that both slugs sit in the back of her vehicle. I must admit that I found it rather strange before -- but now it makes sense to have them keep an eye on each other in the back -- or maybe she is a limo driver by profession. [8D]

Posted By: VA4ver
Date Posted: 29 Jul 2005 at 10:48am
make 'em sit in back so your purse can sit up front! I store mine in trunk of car.

Date Posted: 29 Jul 2005 at 11:16am
AnotherCommuter is incorrect, incidentally. In Virginia:

"In determining whether a defendant constructively possessed drugs, the defendant's proximity to the drugs and his occupancy of the [premises] must also be considered. Although mere proximity to the drugs is insufficient to establish possession, and occupancy of the [premises] does not give rise to a presumption of possession, . . . both are factors which may be considered in determining whether a defendant possessed drugs."

Josephs v. Commonwealth, 10 Va. App. 87, 100, 390 S.E.2d 491, 498 (1990) (en banc) (citations omitted).

Posted By: mirangus
Date Posted: 29 Jul 2005 at 12:18pm
quote:
[br]Just wanted to say this even though it doesn't pertain to the vandalism postings, NOW THIS IS IMPORTANT!!!, IF SOMEONE REALLY REALLY REALLY WANTS TO DO DAMAGE TO SOMEONE THE SLUG COULD ALWAYS PLACE A GUN OR NARCOTICS IN YOUR CAR(assuming nobody sees him/her). IF YOU GET PULLED OVER AND THE POLICE SEE IT YOU'RE DONE FOR BECAUSE REGARDLESS OF WHOSE CAR IT IS OR WHO WAS IN THE CAR THE BOTTOMLINE IS YOU WERE BEHIND THE WHEEL WHICH MEANS YOU ACCEPT FULL RESPONSIBILITY OF THAT VEHICLE.

OK, OK...you don't have to yell...

Posted By: Baz
Date Posted: 29 Jul 2005 at 1:08pm
With the price of good drugs and the cost of a new handgun...why would I want to leave it in someone elses car!!??

quote:

Posted By: uhura.
Date Posted: 29 Jul 2005 at 9:02pm
quote:
[br]Ok, you can all relax about the gun. I don't even own a gun. Even if I did, I'm not dumb enough to use it like that. I was just still irate when I typed my original post.

Not dumb enough to use a gun just dumb enough to threaten to use a gun on a public post. What an idiot. You deserve your ripped seats.

Posted By: SuzAnne
Date Posted: 01 Aug 2005 at 7:42am
Gosh! What did RLD ask for? A police report number? Do we have one?

Suzan

Posted By: ronin718
Date Posted: 01 Aug 2005 at 1:56pm
Sorry, uhura, but nobody who willingly provides others a free ride to work deserves to have their car vandalized. If you're perfect enough to have never uttered regrettable words when angry, good for you. The rest of us mortals still make mistakes and sometimes have to remove our feet from our mouths.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net