Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SCREW the main lanes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bnvus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2005 at 9:10am
Who told you HOV-3 is an exemption?? And you want to talk about pollution?? We have a whole different type of pollution in this region. It is people. People own cars. HOV rewards people who travel together at certain times of the day with express lanes. What is wrong with that idea? You should not be able to "cheat" the system with a hybrid or be allowed to "buy" your way through with HOT lanes. I have nothing against hybrids. I just think prudish hybrid owners need to come off their high horse and join the fight against the real pollution in this area. Next year there will be no Exemptions for HOV which I hope will make enforcement that much easier. So we'll see you all in the lines...be it driver...or slug.
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2005 at 9:24am
Well said bnvus!!!

:'}
hotscr17 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotscr17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2005 at 9:44am
quote:
Originally posted by bnvus
[br] You should not be able to "cheat" the system with a hybrid or be allowed to "buy" your way through with HOT lanes. I have nothing against hybrids. I just think prudish hybrid owners need to come off their high horse and join the fight against the real pollution in this area. Next year there will be no Exemptions for HOV which I hope will make enforcement that much easier. So we'll see you all in the lines...be it driver...or slug.

I agree. 90% of people today who own hybrids never bought it to save gas nor to stop pollution. As a matter of fact i saw a lady driving a hybrid smoking and then throwing her cig butt out the window. yeah that's helping the pollution effort..

the main reason people buy hybrids in this area is to be able to get in the HOV lanes without having to pick others up, hence saving time on thier own commute.
MDC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2005 at 10:22am
hotscr17,
What was she thinking?! Surely she must know that driving with the windows open, even cracked, noticably reduces your MPG. I saw one doing the same yesterday, but in a Ford Escape hypebred, probably reducing her MPG to well under 25MPG.
miltrade View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miltrade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2005 at 10:32am
NoSUV, in this instance, I will ignore the fact that your post makes no sense (ie "The arguments put forth by miltrade are met in the express lanes"). What the hell does that mean?? Are you sure you're even American? Also, how will what we do with our HOV lanes be "best for the nation"? What does the nation care about our HOV lanes?

NoSUV claims that I don't care about pollution (even though the issue in this area is CONGESTION not pollution) because I don't buy a Hybrid (while he/she has revealed that they STILL drive by themselves). Well, NEWSFLASH FOR NOSUV (aka Bunker1): I cause LESS pollution in my regular sedan than you do in your hybrid by yourself. I pick up two, sometimes three slugs. Therefore, I am eliminating two or three additional vehicles from the road. You pick nobody up but continue to drive yourself, so that you can maintain your own personal comfort level and convenience. Who knows why? Maybe you like to break-wind all day in your car.

Bottom line: I eliminate three, polluting vehicles from the road. You ADD ONE and do NOTHING to get any cars off the road.

You might as well stop now, because no matter what you say, I will demonstrate to you and to everyone on this board why it is wrong. Of course, you could just change ID's again to lend supporters to your arguments, since nobody else is behind you.
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2005 at 11:13am
miltrade -how much congestion will be reduced if you and those slugs you were going to pick up were on the bus instead? Won't the environment be better if you were in a hybrid and picking up slugs? What are you PERSONALLY doing about buying a hybrid? Not buying one? You're attidude is a far bigger problem.

Take the bus. Buy a hybrid. Yes, miltrade, you can be better than you are.
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2005 at 11:17am
miltrade - do you only use your sedan for commuting? What % of your driving is not with 2 others during a commute?

Buy the hybrid - you know you want to.
miltrade View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miltrade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2005 at 11:21am
Yes, I only use my car for commuting.

Better question, since you OWN a hybrid, why aren't YOU picking up slugs, since it is established that you don't. Which begs the question, why are you on this message board?

No, I am not as concerned about pollution as I am about congestion. You are confused. We are all trying to reduce traffic, you don't even understand that. You ADD to the traffic with your additional vehicle.

Oh, yeah, and you're an idiot too.

But, nonetheless, since you insist on your solo drive commute, you will be in the main lanes shortly. Have fun out there. I'll continue reducing the number of cars on the road.
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2005 at 11:30am
miltrade - you KNOW the hybrid exemption for the express lanes is going to be exended along with motorcycles. Every candidate for office who has responded to my emails has said so, including both major governor candidates, lt gov, and delegates.

Go buy a hybrid. Be the better person you know you want to be.
n/a View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2005 at 11:34am
Glad to see the light has popped on for you miltrade. NoSUV and I have been debating this for sometime and I have reached the same conclusion. NoSUV represents a cadre of hybrid owners who have bought into the scam that hybrids are the best solution to the congestion/polution/fossil fuel consumption problems facing our society. We can only hope that true rational logic will somhow invade the minds of those poor misguided hybrid owners like NoSUV and they will realize that they have been lied to by the auto companies (who, by the way, are responsible for the HOV exemption, suprise!).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
  Share Topic