Posted - 04/17/2016 : 06:58:05
| Arlington is introducing new, dedicated bus lanes in Crystal City and Potomac Yard. The new lanes will open in Spring 2016 and will provide faster, more reliable trips for bus riders along the Route 1 corridor. As such, drivers in those corridors need to know the following:
Rush hour bus lane
Where is it?
· Crystal Drive – In the northbound curbside lane between 26th and 15th Streets
· South Clark/Bell Street – In one southbound lane between 15th and 26th Streets
Who can use it?
Weekdays between 6 and 9 a.m. and 3:30 and 7 p.m.
· Only buses allowed
· Other vehicles may enter only to make a right turn at the next corner or driveway
Weekdays from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. and all day on Weekends
· Any vehicle – car, bike, truck or bus – may use the lane
Illuminated signs above the lane and signage along the street will indicate when the bus-only restriction is in force.
Exclusive bus lanes (see attached map)
Where are these?
Alongside South Glebe Road, Route 1 and Crystal Drive up to 26th Street. These newly built lanes are separated from general traffic by a curb.
Who can use these?
· Only authorized buses, such as Metroway, and emergency vehicles
· No cars, bikes or trucks allowed at any time
Signage at intersections will note these restrictions.
More information about the new lanes, including frequently asked questions, can be found on our project page, here. One may also sign up to receive updates email alerts and newsletters.
Learn more about Arlington County at www.arlingtonva.us.